Travel Management-Elkhart IN. ????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's the latest info

Got a buddy who just lost his Beechjet job - he's now looking into TMC. I've read several threads - sounds like a dirtbag outfit.

Any change with TMC lately? A few targeted questions for those in the know:

- With something like 25 Beechjets and 25-30 Hawker 800XPs, how is fleet selection determined? Do newhires automatically go to the Beechjet? How does fleet selection work?

- What can be expected (realistic) for pay the first year as FO?

- Finally, is the schedule really 18 days on the road straight with the next 12/13 days off? How many days will you realistically fly during a month and how many will you likely sit in a hotel or at home?

Again, just trying to get updated info for a buddy who just lost his job. Not looking to apply myself. Still, I appreciate any updated info.

Fleet selection is based on the pilot's experience, and TMC's demand. Some are hired directly to the 800XP, but they usually have Hawker time, or a whole lot of other jet time. They offer 800XP slots to current Beechjet pilots.

Starting pay is going to be right around $45,000 for the 15/13 schedule. Their benefits are very bad, and very expensive, and seem to keep getting worse, so that is a definite factor, especially if a family is involved.

You start off hired into a reserve schedule, where you fly x number of days, followed by x number of days off, then you become available until you are needed again.
7-9 days on the road = 5 days off; 10-14 days on the road = 8 days off; 15 or more days on the road = 10 days off. If you are on reserve, available, and not on the road, you get $30 per day. If you are on reserve and on the road (flying or not), you get $250 per day plus $40 per diem.

You generally get moved to a fixed 15/13 schedule pretty quick with Wednesdays being the travel day (Tuesdays for the Hawker 800). There you make $220 per day plus $40 per diem when on the road (travel days included, regardless if you fly or not)

There's a good chance that you will fly every day of your 15 day rotation, including your beginning and ending travel days, but there's also a good chance that you could sit in a hotel for several days, there is no "normal." 30-60 hours is generally the range of flight time for each 15 day rotation.

Just read the big spread on TMC in ProPilot magazine. Of course it is a very favorable view of what a great operation it is. Other than pay/benefits is it true that their training and standardization etc. is at the top of the industry as they claim? Is the hiring system created by the chief pilot as thorough as it sounds in the article?

I was pretty pleased with their training and standardization, although I don't have much to compare it to. They are trying to run it like an airline in that regard. What did the article say about the hiring system? It was just a written test, sim evaluation, then face-to-face interview. Seemed pretty standard.

"...contacts candidates who meet the basic requirements for a 45-min telephone screening. Successful candidates are then called in for a formal interview at TMC headquarters at EKM. While there, potential new-hires are given a simulator evaluation to evaluate basic airmanship, crew resource management techniques and general knowledge. ...the 30-min sim ride features a high-workload departure and includes holding, approach work and equipment failures. A final interview is then conducted that includes the company officers-typically the director of safety and standards, and the director of training or ops-to determine if a job offer will be extended."

Yeah that sounds accurate. Most interviews are with the chief pilot and head of HR. There's a good chance that some of the other officers will be involved in the sim ride.

just read the big spread on tmc in propilot magazine. Of course it is a very favorable view of what a great operation it is. Other than pay/benefits is it true that their training and standardization etc. Is at the top of the industry as they claim? Is the hiring system created by the chief pilot as thorough as it sounds in the article?

the pilot lifestyle section is missing....how did they forget to put that in?

Is there a known gouge for TMC running around? I looked on aviation interviews and didn't see it.

Thanks in advance. I'm crossing my fingers pretty hard; I know it's not a perfect gig, but it sounds a bit more enticing than my current organization.

Out of the two following choices, which would you choose?

FO at TMC

Or

FO at Gojets and upgrade will be 7 months?

Please hold the sarcasm, I'm looking for serious advice only.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back