• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans States Buys Compass??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sounds like they bought the certificate, the planes are still Delta's. The HQ must be up in MSP though, so it's definitely not going to be integrated into Trans States or GoJet? Would it be Minneapolis based GoCompass?

Reading through our emails this morning it looks as though the flow will remain in place for a 60 day period until the parties can meet to discuss future plans. :-( Not sure how I feel about that.

It sounds like the flow will terminate at some point in the future, whether it be shortly or after the current pilots on the lost flow. It will be determined but my guess is that ALPA will state that the flow is contractual and has successorship language so flow away. Company may not want that and we will see what they will pay to end it.

Wow... In the same press release about the sale, I read this:

"Trans States Holdings Inc. is the parent company of regional airlines Trans States Airlines and GoJet Airlines. It operates as United Express and US Airways Express.

On Wednesday, the Federal Aviation Administration said it wants to fine Trans States and GoJet for violating maintenance procedures and operating nine jets on 320 flights when the planes were not in compliance with safety regulations.

Trans States and GoJet have 30 days to respond. The carriers said in statements they are confident they will be able to show the FAA's allegations are incorrect."

Welcome to Trans States! Might want to do that preflight twice. . .

Who got the worse end of this deal: Mesaba or Compass pilots? I'd say we all just got tea-bagged.

I personally want to see the flows end. I do feel that anyone hired at Compass with the expectation of flowing should have that honored. If Compass wants to tell the pilots it is interviewing that they will not flow before the pilot takes the job, I'm fine with that. I have no problem ending the Mesaba flow ASAP.

Why shouldn't they be able to flow? If it was agreed upon by contract, why should it not continue? Why should a legal contact be broken? How will you feel when whatever contract you are on is raped? I don't work for Compass or Eagle, but I have a big problem when contacts are not followed. If with new ownership the contract for flow is terminated by language already there, than I'm OK with it, but it still sucks for those who thought they had the golden (maybe copper) ticket to the next level. Even if the flow stays, I don't see happy days for the employees at Compass. Hulas is total scum and he does bad things to his employees on a regular basis. Good luck!

Why shouldn't they be able to flow? If it was agreed upon by contract, why should it not continue? Why should a legal contact be broken? How will you feel when whatever contract you are on is raped? I don't work for Compass or Eagle, but I have a big problem when contacts are not followed. If with new ownership the contract for flow is terminated by language already there, than I'm OK with it, but it still sucks for those who thought they had the golden (maybe copper) ticket to the next level. Even if the flow stays, I don't see happy days for the employees at Compass. Hulas is total scum and he does bad things to his employees on a regular basis. Good luck!

Simply, what Hockey states is the sentiment of many DAL pilots. Not saying it is right or wrong, but they have a say. DAL does not like not having total control over their pilot selection as well.

It does give many parties leverage though.

I think that may be the best result for everyone. The pilots currently on the list will be allowed to flow. That way no harm is done to anyone.

Latest resources

Back