Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kharma Police

Don't mess with Texas
With the rather large vacancy bid about to close, will the Tranny's "capture" most of the left seats or will the Real Southwest FOs sitting on the fence for upgrade take them? More importantly, do you guys think there will be displacements?

Tranny's will get most (if eligible - all must go thru initial training first) . Those sitting on the fence will probably continue sitting.

No displacements this round.

I would be very surprised if all the captain slots are not filled with former Air Tran pilots. The only "fence sitters" senior enough to get a slot will be those who have been sitting there since before the acquisition, and I doubt they'll change their mind now.

I am betting most will be filled by former AT guys. Guys that were senior enough and holding out for their reasons will continue to do so.

Seniority in seat and base can lead to a pretty good quality of life.

Many of those senior in base easily make baseline CA pay. Some actually make more. The only downside to NOT upgrading (no matter where you came from), would be for a Long Term Disability event. In such case, you'd get baseline FO for the rest of your life if you couldn't come back.

It'll be mostly, if not all, former AT pilots filling all the CA vacancies for the rest of this year. No displacements this round.

Last edited:
I just hope they can fly those planes with the round dials or have the senior FO's babysit them - no nice screens and automation to help - oh you have to revert to being a "real pilot"

Last edited:
I just hope they can fly those planes with the round dials or have the senior FO's babysit them - no nice screens and automation to help - oh you have to revert to being a "real pilot"

Ya, none of the Airtran guys have ever seen round dials. How will they ever survive?

Latest resources

Back