Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJ Bum

^ Not bumming it any more
I'm applying to a small outfit and they have asked for me to obtain the training records from my past jobs.. How far back do they usually go? My first airline cant seem to find them. That was back in '97

Subject: [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Pilot Records Improvement Act of 1996 [/FONT][/FONT]​
Date:​
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]11/7/07

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Initiated by:​
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]AFS-600 [/FONT][/FONT]​
AC No:​
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]120-68D [/FONT][/FONT]

The Pilot Records Improvement Act of 1996, As Amended (PRIA) was enacted to ensure that air carriers and air operators adequately investigate a pilot’s background before allowing that pilot to conduct commercial air carrier flights. Under PRIA, a hiring employer cannot place a pilot into service until it obtains and reviews the last 5 years of the pilot’s background and other safety-related records as specified in PRIA.
This advisory circular (AC) is supplemented by Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Order 8000.88, PRIA Guidance for FAA Inspectors, and numerous other documents found on the PRIA Web site at http://www.faa.gov/pilots/lic_cert/pria/. These sources of detailed information related to PRIA provide invaluable assistance to the certificate holder or others, concerning the PRIA request process as well as other compliance issues.
This AC has been greatly expanded from the previous version to address operational situations that the hiring employer may encounter that could affect its records request process through PRIA.

The Flight Standards Service is committed to a customer-driven system of operation that will deliver FAA records and assistance when necessary to all parties subject to PRIA.

thats why you have " bum" in your handle, just forgot "lazy" JK, hope it works out. let me know if you need a letter.

Latest resources

Back