Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Training Contracts, are they enforceable?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tweaker

BOHICA
I am looking for facts or first hand experience please, rather than conjecture.

"Is a contract I signed in good faith as a free citizen and responsible adult enforceable?"

YES

If you believe otherwise, you're the kind of guy who should really look into "incorporating" in Nevada so you don't have to pay taxes, or subscribing to the theory that income taxes aren't constitutional (despite the 16th Amendment).

Really, what's so hard to understand? You read it, you signed it, and now you're trying to cheapskate your way out of it.

"Is a contract I signed in good faith as a free citizen and responsible adult enforceable?"

YES

If you believe otherwise, you're the kind of guy who should really look into "incorporating" in Nevada so you don't have to pay taxes, or subscribing to the theory that income taxes aren't constitutional (despite the 16th Amendment).

Really, what's so hard to understand? You read it, you signed it, and now you're trying to cheapskate your way out of it.

Don't know who you're quoting, ya spaz, but it ain't me.

You also whiffed here... I haven't read it (yet), I haven't signed it, I have nothing to get out of. Three strikes, you're out!

Now return to telling your crashpad roomies about the factual inaccuracies inherent in the pap you are watching on tv, beat yer bishop, and sob mournfully into your pillow.

No they aren't , does Mcdonalds or City Bus ask their employees to sign a training contract?

If you did leave before your 1st year on your terms, they will try and scare you into paying the pro rate amount of the contract. Lets work something out, We will sue you, We will have you served, bla, bla, bla! That was Mesa anyway several years ago

You're asking pilots for legal advice? Shell out the $100 fee (sometimes initial consulations are free) and talk to a lawyer.

There was a time when it meant something for a man to give his word.

Soverytired is correct. If you do not intend to keep your word, don't sign the contract.

Don't sign it if you are looking for a way out already.

If a company wants to spend the money to chase you then they will most likely win. It varies between states, I know that in Indiana they have been upheld.

Internationally, it depends on the country. Some countries will stop you from exiting if you terminate your employment and you have a bond or trg contract outstanding.

Latest resources

Back