Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sstearns2

Hello all,

My girlfriend is thinking of doing her multi and instructor ratings at ALLATPS in Van Nuys, CA and Vegas for the CFI.

Anyone been there lately? Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks,

Scott

I did the commercial multi at allatp in Manassas, Va in Feb. I was happy with the Instructor and the equipment. I do plan to return to allatp in the winter to get my CFII and MEI at the South Florida location. Again, I highly rcommend ALLATP.

I used them in june of 1999 to do my ATP in TTN. I had a very good exp. and chalk it up to the instructor and that I had been flying 135 navajos both single and 2 pilot. He had about 400tt almost all in the PA44 but was very good and we got along well.

Everything was basically canned and it was like 1,2, 3 done here's your ATP.

My partner problems mainly due to his attitude (the DE actually told him to "shutup" during the oral).

One the other hand I had a former student go to JAX for the whole program after he got his pvt with me and he had a very diff exp. He wound up getting his cash back and leaving. He said it was mostly due to instructors not having a clue and no organization on managements part.

I the end I'd recommend them based on my exp. in TTN. Be sure to go in with a good attitude, prepared ahead of time with what they send you and hope your instructor is good or at least you get along. I plan in using them down the road for my CFII and MEI someday.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
I was thinking bout getting my CFI there

I was thinking about getting my CFI add on rating at ATP FT LAUD.

I have done training from all sorts of schools, from a small FBO to Embry-Riddle. Naturally every place has it's pros and cons, but I wanted to know more about their package prices. Do they guarentee you'll finish in their prescribed times? At Riddle, nobody ever finished in X amount of lessons, you always had to get extra training, and that had to be approved, and this of course took forever.

I am asking because I need a real estimate on the cost. Thanks.

I did my MEI at ALLATP's in TTN. I was satisfied with the training I recieved. They sent their training manual ahead of time and I studied the profiles had all of the questions answered before I walked in the door. Pretty much prepared for the whole weekend. I would recommend them.

C425Driver

Thanks for the reply but they just emailed me and told me they don't do Single Engine Add-On ratings.

It's ATP, not AllATPs.

I did the ACPP in 98/99, got hired, then instructed at the SAT location in 99. Had a blast. My biggest piece of advice to anyone: study the Seminole manual that is sent ahead of time. Know it VERY well. Do that, you're golden.

Checkrides are practically canned simply because we used the same DEs repeatedly and knew exactly what would happen. Even when there's a change of instructors, the newbie knows the routine.

If you have any questions, call the main office in JAX. It's basically a bullpen for instructors who are waiting to hit the field, and most are always happy to talk to you.

-B

Latest resources

Back