Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bertengineer

AM Aviation
I start class on Tuesday and I would like to find out what books (if any) do I need to take to Ohio with me, aside from the normal log books and FAR/AIM and the like. Do I need any of the books that I used during my time as an instructor? I was going to bring anything and everything that I had, just in case. I imagine that they will supply you with all of the pertinent company info and regulations. ANy help is appreciated

bert

First off, I would like to congratulate you, and welcome you to our little family. Second, if memory serves me correctly, you will just need the FAR/AIM and logbooks as they supply everything right down to the pens and pencils. They should have told you what you should bring, but you can always call up and ask just to be sure. I'm pretty sure that's it though. I'm fairly new (about 6 mo.) but if you have anymore questions you can PM me and I'll try to help out. Have fun!

Justin-

Dude-

They told me to bring a FAR/AIM to class so I went out and bought one since mine was current (read: 2 yrs out of date). and then they furnished one anyway. I'm pretty sure that's what happened to everyone in my class. Other than that... good luck.

Illinipilot

Pack lightly...especially if you will be coming up by company flights. Space can be limited on some of our flights, so don't pack 8 or 9 bags and expect to get them on with you. You really just need logbooks...well really not even that. They gave us everything we needed in class, including a far/aim. Never needed my logbooks either, there is nothing they put in it, so you don't need to bring it (but if you would like to bring them go ahead). Just clothes and toiletries for your weeks of living and that is it. Oh yeah, some money to eat on since the marriot place they put you up in has no breakfast (from what i have been told at least), so that really sucks. I love staying at the country inn and suites because i can hoard food from the free breakfast and eat it for lunch and dinner that next night as well.

Good luck in training, study hard...well at least during the week so on the weekends you can relax, enjoy (well if you can enjoy a boring place like columbus) and HAVE FUN!!! My suggestion is to go crash a good frat party at OSU, the free beer was always nice when i was in training.

As of June/July 04 the hotel they put us up at had a continental breakfast downstairs in the lobby. Danishes, Juice, Apple, and Bannanas. Oh, and bagels. It was perfect timing too because we'd come in from the long nights at Airnet and just take some food up to the room, eat and just pass out!

Or you can go next door, act like you belong there, and access their full service breakfast, swimming pool, etc. I sure they knew what was going on though when the four of us walked in through the front door, did our thing, and left out the front door. Never said anything though.... so that's cool.

Sucks to hear you guys are getting put up in the hotel for training now. When i went through...three years ago....they had fully furnished corporate apartments for us to live. Sweet places!

That and some funky group sex going on too... but those are just "campfire stories!"

Never needed my logbooks either
exactly...they never looked at them or even asked if we had them for all of training or any checkride (4 of them and counting) i've taken. good too, because i'm 800 hours behind.

Latest resources

Back