Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

geojet707

Plenty Long & Mighty Dry
Anyone know where I can download the plates for Torreon, MX?? Need it for an interview. Thanks!!

call Jepp and see if they can fax you some, barring a JetLink pilot giving some old ones to you

what is the possible question re: the plate?

Just maintain your last assigned altitude until established on a published segment of the approach. If necessary hold over the VOR as published to lose altitude. Now go study something else. :)

Last edited:
sounds like...

SkyBoy1981 said:
Just maintain your last assigned altitude until established on a published segment of the approach. If necessary hold over the VOR as published to lose altitude. Now go study something else. :)

"its non-radar, no STAR, and you need to get down"

absent anything else....

MEA to MSA/HOLDING PATTERN to ESTABLISHED

:D

i have printed the jepp charts and I will email them to you in a few minutes in a pdf file... Let me know if they came out ok for ya...

later...

Last edited:
You are you applying to that wants a TRC app plate.
Curios since I have flown in there a bunch and drank my fair share of Negro Modelo

Thedude said:
You are you applying to that wants a TRC app plate.
Curios since I have flown in there a bunch and drank my fair share of Negro Modelo

I would guess that it is for an ExpressJet interview.

Just doing some research. But above they say to lose altitude in holding pattern down to MEA/MSA holding pattern til established.
I thought that you may only use the MSA for emergencies. Anyone want to give me their $.02 on it? Thanks. Only a week left to study.

NWaviator said:
Just doing some research. But above they say to lose altitude in holding pattern down to MEA/MSA holding pattern til established.
I thought that you may only use the MSA for emergencies. Anyone want to give me their $.02 on it? Thanks. Only a week left to study.

In my interview I got Manzanillo. No hold published, it's a DME Arc approach. you are 100 miles out. AT about 50 miles out you can be expect to be cleared for the VOR approach and you are at FL 280. The Airway doubles as a feeder route for the approach. Do your own descent planning to get the ARC at the lowest published altitiude but never below the MEA published on the feeder route.

After joining on the ARC, fly it like any other DME arc approach.

driver,
Thanks for the help. I have a couple of vor-dme plates from mexico that I have been studying. Did ytou use the 3:1 rule for that descent?
Example: FL280 the altitude that you are going down to. Divide by 3 then that is when you need to start down. The rate of descent is ground speed divided by 2 the add a zero.
I understand that I need to explain the electrical system. Can i explain it simply by talking about how the alternator runs the electrical system of the a/c or should I know it where I draw the the system and talk about solinoids?
Also, last summer i flew a king air 200 before I had my highperformane endorsment. So the owner/pilot said he would return later this summer to sign my logbook. He never did return so I have .5 king air time that is not varified. Will XJT be upset? and no this does not gointo the section of logbook lies(joke).
thanks.

Latest resources

Back