• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To anyone interested in US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is one of many problems with "flow through" agreements..... They are simply a "promise" to maybe let you flow through at a later date..... It is no guarantee, and it is subject to many qualifiers....

Flowthroughs are a poor substitute for single lists on each brand property..... when will we ever learn.....

Fool me once, shame on you.....fool me twice shame on us........

Per the new hire announcement at US Airways, 100 plus pilots will be coming from the Wholly owned carriers. This is per management.

Now I know PSA and Piedmont are short, they how fast the 100 or so come over, will be determined by the company. But to say the company is not honoring the agreement is not completely accurate.

I hope the express carriers did not expect all the pilots at PSA and Piedmont, who qualify, to automatically flow up to mainline when we started hiring. This would essentially shut down the wholly owns.

The west guys are pushing for the flow through. But the company can not, for simple business reasons, take every pilot from the wholly owned.

Per that announcement, 100 pilots from PDT/PSA may interview for newhire positions at mainline. That is not a flow through, and is not honoring the agreement.

Obviously some sort of metering would need to be in place to keep the WO carriers staffed, but the way I read the agreement is that every PDT/PSA pilot who wishes, will at some point flow to mainline. The question should be when that pilot flows to mainline, not if.

Short version would be a carrier that gave concessions during the first bankruptcy. PDT/PSA, and ALG all gave up pay and work rules in 2002 through restructuring agreements.

loser,

you are owed nothing. why don't you try and interview like everyone else? Flow through was set up for the losers that can't get hired any where else

Just an FYI... We have had a pilot apply to Us Airways and get an interview date only to have it rescinded and the pilot was told that he may not interview till March because he is Wholly Owned. Even if a WO wanted to apply, he/she cannot get an interview.

Before you accept a job at US Airways you should probably know of a pending grievance brought forth by the wholly owned subsidiaries of Airways. As part of our 2002 restructuring agreement we were granted a flow through to the mainline, which 2 years later was accepted and implemented by management.
i.e. There are pilots now working at US Airways who flowed there from the wholly owneds. MGT no longer recognizes our flow through rights and as a result we have filed a grievance. Our case is VERY strong and we are asking that anyone hired off the street on or after Nov 5th be placed junior to any pilot currently employed by a wholly owned.... roughly 1,000 pilots. Please use this information when making your decision - you may end up significantly more junior than you first expected.

I have attached an excerpt from our contract for you to read.

Following the recall of all furloughed US Airways pilots, pilots employed by a Participating Wholly-Owned Carrier shall be eligible to flow through to any new-hire US Airways pilot positions in order of their seniority on the integrated seniority list of pilots of Wholly-Owned Carriers”–i.e., the Combined Eligibility List (CEL).

Null and void. The old US Airways is nonexistent. The company you are referring to is actually America West and they are not bound by what the previous mgt at the company they took over did. The US Airways name is the same but it is an entirely new entity under the law. It would be no different than if you had a flow through with TWA and were now trying to get on with American.

Trying to intimidate/influence folks applying to the new US Airways is pathetic, ill-informed, and your reasoning does not hold any weight under the law. The fact of the matter is is that if America West had not "saved" US Airways all of their 737s would be at SWA. It gets confusing only because America West decided to take the US Air name.

Last edited:
Null and void. The old US Airways is nonexistent. The company you are referring to is actually America West and they are not bound by what the previous mgt at the company they took over did.

You are 100% wrong. Do you think LCC quit paying leases on AAA airplanes when it bought them out? Uhhh, no... When you purchase a company you are responsible for all contracts the purchased company negotiated. If this weren't the case a company would be sold every time it signed a non-favorable contract.

The surviving airline for the FAA is US Airways. America West is no longer and went under the certificate of US Airways.

That's moot. The new company has to observe the contracts from both companies.

Until a new contract is negotiated which does not include a flow through. To be a devil's advocate, couldn't WO be sold if it became too much of a legal issue?

Latest resources

Back