• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To ALL UNITED pilots courtesy of ALL UAX carriers and their pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blocking the jumpseat will only hurt pilots on both sides of the fence, probably UAX pilots more. Most express flights become weight restricted anyhow during bad weather, so are the UAX pilots going to force their management to make the jumpseat part of the BOW? A lot of jumpseaters are left behind on a express flight due to weight, how often does that happen on a mainline flight? extremely rare. I commuted for 6 years and never had a problem with a mainline flight but when it came to express I have been left behind for weight. Should the UAL pilots ban UAX pilots from the JS anytime when there is weather and we are carrying an alternate?

I am afraid that the UAX "kids" are too busy jamming to the tunes on the IPOD.

I feel sorry for the PROFESSIONAL UAX pilots who can see that the letter was really in bad taste.

This is a company issue, what do the UAL pilots have to do about this glitch, did we create it?.

I'm on your side here. I was asking because some of the UAX folks claim that's what the UAL pilots wanted. It was a simple question. I'll take it as a no.

I'm on your side here. I was asking because some of the UAX folks claim that's what the UAL pilots wanted. It was a simple question. I'll take it as a no.

UAL pilots didn't vote on this, or want to have priority on UAX over other UAX pilots. Our gate agents at UAL....plain SUCK! however we at UAL get around this by being PROACTIVE and making sure WE DEAL with the jumpseat not the GATE AGENTS. I have helped MANY UAX guys get on the J/S to get in and out of Hawaii...and sometimes I had to get CREATIVE!

I commute and have been bumped off the JS twice on Skywest by...*gasp*...a SKYWEST pilot! This was recent (within the last 3 months).

Plus I would fully expect to get bumped off a UAX flight by their own pilots. And if that were not bad enough IF for some reason I ended up bumping a UAX pilot off their own flight and I knew it was happening... I'd willingly volunteer the js to the UAX pilot!!

Each airline's respective pilots should always have priority. I can't think of another UAL person who feels differently.

For the record...as a Captain at SkyW...and I speak for many of my colleagues here; nobody from United will be denied a jumpseat.

However I would appreciate it if the "down-talking" of us RJ guys would stop. We did not destroy the industry as many of you like to tell us we did. We're all a product of our own environment.
Guess you don't commute.
PBR

UAL pilots didn't vote on this, or want to have priority on UAX over other UAX pilots. !

I can't tell you how much we appreciate it. I'm working with as many as I can to make sure we police this thing so no UAL pilot misses a flight. Clearly our leadership is out of step with the majority.

I dont' know what happened with this whole thing except that there is serious dissent within our own leadership over this.

I commute and have been bumped off the JS twice on Skywest by...*gasp*...a SKYWEST pilot! This was recent (within the last 3 months).

Plus I would fully expect to get bumped off a UAX flight by their own pilots. And if that were not bad enough IF for some reason I ended up bumping a UAX pilot off their own flight and I knew it was happening... I'd willingly volunteer the js to the UAX pilot!!

Each airline's respective pilots should always have priority. I can't think of another UAL person who feels differently.

For the record...as a Captain at SkyW...and I speak for many of my colleagues here; nobody from United will be denied a jumpseat.

However I would appreciate it if the "down-talking" of us RJ guys would stop. We did not destroy the industry as many of you like to tell us we did. We're all a product of our own environment.
Guess you don't commute.
PBR

I can't tell you how much we appreciate it. I'm working with as many as I can to make sure we police this thing so no UAL pilot misses a flight. Clearly our leadership is out of step with the majority.

I dont' know what happened with this whole thing except that there is serious dissent within our own leadership over this.

No worries, I am sure it will work out in the end. The story will become PUBLIC and the guys reponsible for this GARBAGE will more then likely NEVER get a J/S on UAL again. (the guys who dreamed up the letter and the THREAT)

We (UAL GUYS) know that not all the UAX bubba's support this attitude.

Latest resources

Back