Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bushhatesyou

This joke of a TA is the last straw.

So what's the process to decertify ALPA?

I honestly think with 5000 of us, we would be better off with our own in house group. We could still purchase all the ALPA benefits like aeromedical, just like the other in house groups do.

Unions are the best!!!

I honestly think with 5000 of us, we would be better off with our own in house group. We could still purchase all the ALPA benefits like aeromedical, just like the other in house groups do.
Google it........

Have fun.

Unfortunately the major guys paying dues at mainline subsidize (sp?) all of the regional carriers... the salary for a lawyer would nearly eat the dues created by a regional carrier...

IE regional carriers spend WAY more than they bring in...

Like Shrek said.... good luck...

I know several airlines who have their own in house union and actually do pretty well without ALPA.

I know several airlines who have their own in house union and actually do pretty well without ALPA.

Like USAirways.

As a regional we would not be able to generate the revenue or clout to have the ancillary benefits we have with ALPA like aeromedical and legal. Rather than oust ALPA I would rather put my energy into using ALPA to make this a better place for us while we're still here, and for those who stay.

Like USAirways.

As a regional we would not be able to generate the revenue or clout to have the ancillary benefits we have with ALPA like aeromedical and legal. Rather than oust ALPA I would rather put my energy into using ALPA to make this a better place for us while we're still here, and for those who stay.

That's exactly what ALPA what's you to believe and it's why they wont disclose what they spend on those services for each carrier organization. If you think about it we as SkyWest Inc could easily produce a union that would represent all of us free from legacy influence.

The latest TA is more than enough example to indicate that ALPA will easily support a concessionary contract. APLA did not do one damn thing to steer away the contract at Pinnacle or PSA!

Seems like a conflict of interest for ALPA to represent the majors as well as the regionals! They surely won't have the regionals best at heart while trying to negotiate scope language for a major!!!!

The two go together like water and oil or government efficiency!!

ALPA is only as good as the people you keep in office to represent you. If we had an in house Union with the same clowns you'd get the same results. Start with cleaning house.

Alpa gives you more money every year than it receives from you from your union dues......

have you ever thought about that? ask your mec about your 2013 budget...

alpa is you and your elected reps .... fix your problems then

Latest resources

Back