Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JPB

Hello boys and girls
Just got a call from LS to set up for fingerprints.
Not official but Jan03 was mentioned.
:p

Presumably you're the same JPB that is 70 on the pool list. Either there are 2 big classes in January, 3 classes in Jan, or our pool list does not mirror reality as much as we thought. Pretty much whatever though, if #70 starts in Jan, that is great news.

Firstthird, #135

Lila (sp?) called me today for fingerprints, too. I'm #80 on the list. I don't think anything will happen real quick. I was originally guessing late summer to winter of 03, but I'll be sure to ask LL for an update when I go in tomorrow to get printed. If I find out anything interesting I'll post it.
SilentDave

I got the call today also. I am #81 on the unofficial list Heading to MDW tommorow to have it done. I will drop a note if I here anything else.

more news..

LL called me today..returning my monthly call. Told me to get my fingerprints, too...currently # 85 on our "unofficial" list. She said I'm about 8 classes away...hmmm, this seems like more classes than I expected...

Also, she told me I could be in a first quarter '03 class, but if not, than second quarter for sure.

I must say, getting this call really made my day!

W8n4swa:cool:

I'm guessing that makes my #83 post fingerprinting standing pretty good for a potential late Spring party @ LUV... My fingers are crossed for all of us!

Cruiser

"Steady Hiring!"

I talked to LL for my monthly chat just a few minutes ago. The news was good! LL reported "steady hiring" would resume in Jan. I am # 104 on our most current list and LL said I would be in the 9th class (with classes of 20). Daring math in public, I would say that puts me on their list between #161 and #180. She said I should make it down there in the first half of the year.

I live in Phoenix, so I volunteered and got fingerprinted a couple months ago (with LL's approval) at the PD near Sky Harbor.

Duke23

Hmmmmmmm

Well gang, do we dare break out our chips and put some money on the "Pass Line?"

Glad to hear some decent news these days. Wouldn't some class assignment just make the holidays a bit merrier for some of us? I think it'd be a nice touch!!!:D

Okay Okay...

I don't know about you folks but I got my hopes up again. I feel good about these upcoming class rumors. I will be drinking beer with you fine folks in Dallas very very soon.

Everyone in the pool hang in there. We are about to fly for the best airline in the world...Anyone up for another round of kool-aid.

Broken Heart?

Did my fingerprints in MDW yesterday. Flew LUV: RDU-MDW-RDU. What a great feeling to be doing something for this upcoming adventure. It was great to be among the SWA folks.

Of course I told EVERYONE I met what I was doing. Lots of smiles and handshakes - welcome aboard, etc.

Spoke with LL yesterday afternoon. LL said she expects hiring to resume with "several" classes. Reaffirmed I'm about 6 classes out "worst case" - depending on class size. By that she said she was assuming 20 per class. If they have more per - I'd move up. BTW - I'm 76 on our list.

So, I'm no longer cautiously optimistic - I'm now full blown lookin forward to a class in 1st QTR!

But what happens if it doesn't come to pass? Last spring when SWA put the brakes on hiring it was like be jilted by a lover. Now I'll lettingt myself get set up again?

Oh well - I guess I'm do for some positive vibes 'bout now. Bring it on!

Latest resources

Back