Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tilton asking UAL pilots for even more concessions??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Draginass

Rumor has it that Tilton has gone to the UAL MEC asking for "substantial concessions."

Anyone confirm or deny?

I would think he would have went to the pilots first to asked for money before parking plane.

Plus, he knew the pilots would have told him to pound sad.

I would think he would have went to the pilots first to asked for money before parking plane.

Plus, he knew the pilots would have told him to pound sad.

Hilarious!

If so, I am sure that they will tell him to kiss off. Fact is that if any airline tries to take any more of our wages many of us, myself included would be leaving in groves. It barely makes sense to continue this job.

I think the company approached the union already. They probably said we won't have to park so many airplanes if you guys will play nice and give us concessions.

Its Airline Management 101. You see it going on at CAL and AMR also. I'm sure the number of planes being talked about is over-inflated to strike fear into the pilots.

I'm 200 from the bottom at UAL and I hope the union did tell the company to go pound sand. Tague was a bone head at ATA and it looks like history is going to repeat itself again.

Rumor has it that Tilton has gone to the UAL MEC asking for "substantial concessions."

Anyone confirm or deny?

True. In exchange for jobs. Holding the junior guys hostage in attempt to get some sections of the BK contract relaxed. He can ******************** off. We'll save jobs by fighting. Not by giving ******************** away. Learned that lesson the hard way in BK. He went from 18 to 30 to 70 to 100 airplanes in the matter of 20 days. Not one narrow body bump yet. And he claims to want to do 80 planes in the next 5 months? He forgot he'd have to pay over 1000 guys to sit at home while the bumping process works itself out. Or maybe he thought we'd throw money at him with threat of chopping over 20% of the fleet. He was wrong.

With this latest move he thinks it will result in a junior v. senior issue within our MEC. He didn't piss us off at each other. He pissed us off even more at him. He wants to play the same game and we got swept in the last series. New coach and new attitude now. If Tilly wants a fight he's gonna get it and we'll take him down with us.

I think the pilots would walk out on this one. Its fine to talk the talk, now its time walk the talk!! I have heard from many a pilot around the system they would walk rather than give anything back to the company. If it's the game tilton is palying, there is no hopr for UAL. As I said before, UAL will fold, chp 7 next year.

Latest resources

Back