Thunder Mustang

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CDogg

Anyone have any building experience yet, or flown one? I am planning to purchase a kit here in a year or two and am starting to gather all the info I can, thanks!

Edit: Been to their website, aware of the kit builders, browsed the net for some basic info etc etc, just trying to get on hands experience opinions and thoughts.

Last edited:
Now this isn't exactly first hand info on the Thunder Mustang, I'm working on an RV-8 myself... but last year I flew with a captain that was building a Mustang. Make sure you have lots of time and lots of cash! It's a very expensive project; he had around $75,000 or so just in the Falconer V-12 engine. That's more than my entire RV will cost... I recall he said the grand total will be somewhere around $5-600K. Ouch!

He had a bunch of photos to look through, and after seeing them, one word comes to mind. Complex. Not just the glass/carbon fiber work, but the systems; the landing gear for example... hydraulic lines everywhere, actuators, sequencing valves, etc. Then there's the cooling system, radiator, adjustable cooling doors... too much for my tiny RV brain.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back