Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thoughts on the SWA/AAI Integration vote outcome - place your bets!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ohhhhh believe me buddy....

It's frackin Owned.....

Just came from training, we are re-instatuting the company procedures approach into the FOM. to paraphrase" if you used to work for airtran, you cant shoot an apprch. if the wx is below 10sm and 5500ft"

Just to make sure the unqualified have time to figure out how handle these old ass pop top cherry azz 300's.

I still plan on goin to work, but you tranny people suck....

For what it's worth (coming from an almost former AirTran guy), here's the gist of a very nice conversation I had with a good friend of mine who is based in HOU.

"It was a tough process, but 85%+ on both sides voted yes, so lets put our differences aside and work together, because only through synergy do we all collectively reap the benefits of this acquisition.

It kinda sucks for you Tranny people, having built so much, being the safest domestic airline in 2010 and winning the airline quality award last year, but it's time, my future coworkers, to bring that same type of hard work, and warrior spirit over to Southwest. After all, it's not about 'how you did it at AirTran', rather, how we ALL will do it as One Southwest Family.

We know that emotions ran high concerning the SLI, but now that's in the past, and, if you guys come over with a good attitute, we will help you, and together, we can build an even better Southwest Airlines than anyone could have imagined!

I genuinely look forward to working with a great set of professionals, and showing them the same professional respect that I'm sure they will show us"

That's where I am too. Looking forward to a great future together!

It's frackin Owned.....

Just came from training, we are re-instatuting the company procedures approach into the FOM. to paraphrase" if you used to work for airtran, you cant shoot an apprch. if the wx is below 10sm and 5500ft"

Just to make sure the unqualified have time to figure out how handle these old ass pop top cherry azz 300's.

I still plan on goin to work, but you tranny people suck....

Hell yeah! That's what I'm talking about ;-). I'm taking that to the bank. Sorry Capt. I only land if it's ten thousand feet, winds less than ten knots and minimum 10 miles vis. After the last ten years at the tranny I welcome that vacation brother!

It's frackin Owned.....

I still plan on goin to work, but you tranny people suck....[/QUOTE

Yes Sir! Makes sense to me. I would never expect you to fly a cat3b auto land to mins so you can have the pop top technology. I get paid the same regardless. Own it! Lol ..yeah baby yeah!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back