Those Big 'RJs'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nimtz

I flew out west all last week and saw several 'America West Express' CRJ-900's. I cannot understand how an FO on that thing cannot be disgusted everyday with the change his work brings into his pocket. All I could think of when I see that thing is the start of a downfall of a once respected profession. That fricking thing produces way too much revenue to pay a well trained pilot 28K a year. F*CK YOU JOHNNY O!

Not intended to be flamebait. Just an observation on how out of wack things seem to be getting with 'regional' jets. I don't really want to get into the whole Mesa contract debate as we have raped that into the ground. It just struck me while looking at a 90 seat jet with near transcon range how little ALL OF US are willing to be paid to do work comparable to mainline pilots. Sure hope one day we all start to realize the days have ended where it's okay to accept substandard pay/work rules since we are only looking to move onto the majors. If that's flamebait then we're all in alot more trouble then I thought.

Last edited:
I still think its funny watching an Ameriflight Lance taxiing behind a Mesa CRJ-900 and thinking how the pilot in the single engine 30yr old Lance is making more money than the FO in CRJ. Funny, but true. :D

F Mesa

I just bought a ticket online and one of my options was a flight from SFO to AUS operated by MESA/Freedom air or whatever.
Regional Jet my A$$!

I paid about 30$ more to fly on AA instead. Screw MESA.

AZaviator said:
I still think its funny watching an Ameriflight Lance taxiing behind a Mesa CRJ-900 and thinking how the pilot in the single engine 30yr old Lance is making more money than the FO in CRJ. Funny, but true. :D

Tell me about it... I'm a 737 FO making more than the captain on that thing. Makes you sick, doesn't it?

I take great pleasure knowing I get paid more to fly a beat up Chieftan than a 3 year RJ FO at Mesa....and I get to wear Shorts and a Polo shirt! And I didn't even have to buy the shirts!!!

Yep they should probably all quit their jobs and wait in line for the next major airline job. LOL!
Seriously though maybe since America West is now showing a profit and if they can somehow cut free from US Airways, they might be able to get a better contract next time around.
FACT: Mid - Atlantic is flying for less than Mesa pilots and being flown by mainline pilots. Why is there not more outrage about that? They had UALPA negotiating that one.

Latest resources

Back