Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Things a shrinking company may not usually do...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just giving ya a hard time. :)

Not really retrofitting anything, though -- the iPads will be carried by the pilots, and not mounted anywhere (class 1 EFB).

At least that's what they tell us... so far, the only place I've actually seen one is at FlightSafety! :laugh:

Gotcha...

I was supposing there would be some sort of mount in the cockpit...Guess not... I've seen them mounted with a yoke clip. Kind of a pain but doable....

Are they giving each pilot an IPAD or keeping them in the plane? That would be ALOT of IPADS.... I think I already have an idea of the answer. But ya never know!

Beter yet, an IPAD plus an IPhone to replace the BB.... Then everyone could be in the CLOUD

Gotcha...

I was supposing there would be some sort of mount in the cockpit...Guess not... I've seen them mounted with a yoke clip. Kind of a pain but doable....

From what I understand, any kind of mounting to the aircraft (even a yoke mount) adds a whole new level of complexity to the paperwork. Maybe down the road, but for now, they're strictly portable. Although they did ask if I wanted a leg strap with mine whenever it gets delivered. I politely declined. :laugh:

They're being issued to each pilot vs. each plane. Probably makes sense, particularly if they end up sitting for a few days in harsh conditions. Plus, I can only imagine the nightmare when one went missing...

Beter yet, an IPAD plus an IPhone to replace the BB.... Then everyone could be in the CLOUD

:laugh:

Wow!! that is alot of IPADS.... At a discount of say $400 per, that's a million bucks just for the purchase. Not counting any subscriptions or extra's....

I know Luthi's side believes the doom and gloom and shrinkage of , but from my POV they have been slowly pouring some serious cash into the re-juvination... Just my opinion of course... My wife just said the furloughees should get an IPAD also.. Save me from buying one....

You are correct though that when the device becomes "part of" the a/c there is a whole other level of certification involved... I am pretty positive NJA could handle it though:beer:

BTW, what's the word on lost/stolen/ broken devices? Same as the BB? (just send a new one?)

No idea... we haven't gotten any official "care and feeding" instructions yet. Hopefully it'll be that simple! Although unlike the Blackberry, these things are actually valuable... :D

Just to clarify, the company is still shrinking.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but we still are not seeing growth.

Now maybe it'd be more accurate to say that NJA doesn't have any plans to close its doors altogether, otherwise why the investment in Ipads (amongst other large expenditures). That statement I could agree with.

Sadly, we have not reversed the trend towards being smaller, although it has slowed quite a bit. Hopefully, 2012 will be the year we turn the corner and start seeing a net positive with aircraft sold.

Latest resources

Back