• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The worst airliner cabin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since nobody's mentioned it yet, I'll nominate the Dornier 328 for most comfortable cabin seat of any RJ or TP, except for the E170. Ours were leather, had plenty of legroom, and enough padding to prevent numbness of the buttocks on all but the longest flights. (sigh)

The ERJ seat is hard and uncomfortable after about 30 minutes; same for the CRJ. The E170 is great!

I also can't stand riding in the back of US Air's 737s or 757s. The airbuses are a pretty nice ride, but some of the seats are starting to show their age.

The absolute worst cabin seat is on the J-41. No arm rests, low ceiling, no leg room, and those screaming Garretts that spin the props at about 80,000 RPM for the entire flight!

The Worst Seat by FAR!

Is the seat your sitting in at the terminal watching the last possible flight to get you to work/ home after doing the airport marathon for 4 hours!....

but as far as flying, the CRJ J/S is far better than sitting in the back of one, i'll take an ATR 72 J/S anytime...of course the 76/77 are my personal favs....

rvsm410 said:
Is the seat your sitting in at the terminal watching the last possible flight to get you to work/ home after doing the airport marathon for 4 hours!....
Well said!

I'll sit in the crapper if that's what it takes to get home.

An isle seat with no one next to me makes any trip much, much better.

Seat 11B in a "B+" Saab is great. It's the one in the back row in front of the isle, so you can stretch your legs straight out. The supplimental A/C is also back there blowing cool air on your head as well (when it's not defferred.)

It's also a nice place to wait out delays and not have to deal with the P-O'd pax in the terminal.

Have you ever been on an EMB-120 or an EMB-145 Jumpseat? Pure torture.

ASA had a rather portly instructor ("Biscuit") that supposedly sat in the EMB-120 jumpseat for a line check.

Got up to altitude and his body had expanded from the cabin change. He was wedged tight between the doorframe walls and couldn't stand up.

He was a really cool guy and a good instructor, but that was indeed funny....

If you get a chance to see the customer's note to CAL, from which I got my avatar, you might agree that seat 29E on whichever airliner that is would be the worst seat.

Worst Jumpseat

The Shorts 360 jumpseat would have to be the winner for the worst jumpseat.

There's nothing like sitting almost on top of the captain with the requirement to move your leg out of the way when the captain uses the tiller.

It is a good seat if you are the captain and you have an FA in it who is wearing a short skirt.

CRJ has the worst Cabin seats i've ever been on. I would much rather be on an ERJ. The E120 seat 8C was one of the best seats i've sat in, any ASA pilot can vouch for that. (I think it may have been 9C on SKW birds)
The Dash 8's seat are ok, if you can get that Darn engine out of the way. Jetpig seats are pretty rough as well. HOLY SMOKES BNA-STL with a GS of 220kts @ FL180 in seat 7A. Hey Belch.....What happened to that poor mans yaw damper?

Latest resources

Back