Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The NWA/DAL case is a wrap, what do you think?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

~~~^~~~

The case has been presented. Anyone want to opine on the most likely outcome?

Aren't the arbiters going to present their opinion tommorrow or the 20th?

I assume at a minimum it will be a 7 to 5 ratio.

Yeah, I know that's when the decision will be issued... I remember there was mention of an opinion being presented the 20th or something to that effect.

All in all the date shuffling has confused me a bit... December 8th is the one that matters now.

Yes, that is the date that matters. I think that once the smoke clears and the lawyers talk to their parties, on may decided to negotiate again. If not DAL's list look good, but worst case a 7-5 ratio with some other things there and there. .

I think it will be a 7 to 5 ratio, after putting 300 of their pilots on the bottom. As a stand alone NWA was to furlough up to that many (as stated in the NWA memo shown on the stand), and that counts as career expectations. I just can't see DOH or a crazy dynamic list that has never happened before in a full SLI. We shall see I guess.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I think it will be a 7 to 5 ratio, after putting 300 of their pilots on the bottom. As a stand alone NWA was to furlough up to that many (as stated in the NWA memo shown on the stand), and that counts as career expectations.

I think it should be a straight 7-5 ratio top to bottom.

Heyas,

I expect the arbitrators to call in the principals around Friday or so, give them a "term sheet" to work off of, and lock them away for the weekend.

BOTH sides have already been told "you will NOT like what we give you", and so they'll bang heads over 3-5 days and try to hammer out a result.

Failing that... I'd expect a multi-tiered list, with a single methodology, but different twist depending on what part of the list you fall into. Might be a DOH, a ratio, or a ratio that simulates DOH.

A full or partial dynamic overlay covering 10-15 years will likely be a part of it, since Bloch REALLY wants to see how it works. Guys ACTUALLY at the hearings said that there was lots of "buzz" from the arbitrators about the dynamic list.

If no dynamic overlay, then a static "kicker" for the NWA guys, since the arbitration board admitted that they understand that attrition was very important.

No staples, top or bottom.

New merger, new rules.

Nu

Heyas,

I expect the arbitrators to call in the principals around Friday or so, give them a "term sheet" to work off of, and lock them away for the weekend.

BOTH sides have already been told "you will NOT like what we give you", and so they'll bang heads over 3-5 days and try to hammer out a result.

Failing that... I'd expect a multi-tiered list, with a single methodology, but different twist depending on what part of the list you fall into. Might be a DOH, a ratio, or a ratio that simulates DOH.

A full or partial dynamic overlay covering 10-15 years will likely be a part of it, since Bloch REALLY wants to see how it works. Guys ACTUALLY at the hearings said that there was lots of "buzz" from the arbitrators about the dynamic list.

If no dynamic overlay, then a static "kicker" for the NWA guys, since the arbitration board admitted that they understand that attrition was very important.

No staples, top or bottom.

New merger, new rules.

Nu

I would only say that one side has made a proposal to modify their original stance, so I don't necessarily believe that both parties were notified to correct their stance. Regardless, the Delta pilots seemed to agree that their method was to be used. They also spent a lot of time rebutting the impact, and false logic, and problems that the Delta stove pipe--allowing for dynamic NWA retirements--would have. Quite successfully, IMO. We'll see, I guess, and move on from there.

I think it will be a 7 to 5 ratio, after putting 300 of their pilots on the bottom.

Might want to prepare for being upset if that is what you actually believe will be the result.

I'd throw my retirement down there will be no staple at the top or bottom.

My guess strait ratio. They will throw the NWA attrition away as a compensation for not comparing fleets. Our super premium to your pig with lipstick 757s you count as widebodies.

Latest resources

Back