Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILLINI

THE NEW ATA

As outlined by management, the new ATA would be approximately half the size of the current airline, but the Company hopes it would still generate two-thirds of the current revenue. While the Company has until the end of January to develop its business plan, the current thinking, subject to change, is this:

* A fleet of 32-33 aircraft: 3 757-300s, 14 757-200s, 11 737-800s and 4-5 L-1011s.
* 4-5 L-1011s and 6 757-200s would be dedicated to military charter operations.
* Hawaiian operations would be expanded using 8 757-200 aircraft.
* Indianapolis operations would be expanded using 8 737-800 aircraft.
* Feeder operations would be expanded, with Chicago Express operating 6 Saab 340s and 15 new 50- to 70-seat regional jets. The Company is also exploring possibilities with other regional jet entities.
* Furloughs: 400-500 cockpit crewmembers would be retained, with 600-700 crewmembers being furloughed.
* 900-950 flight attendants would be retained, with 900-950 being furloughed.
* Furloughs would begin in January, and continue over a six-month period.
* The Company would agree to offer preferential interviews to furloughed flight crew members who would want to move to the regional jet.

I was just wondering how this would affect the pilot group over at Chicago Express. Is there some sort of unofficial flow back program in the works or a jet for jobs type of thing for these 15 new regional jets? Would there be any furloughs at Chicago Express? Do these preferencial interviews from ATA guys go to the bottom of your seniority list? When is all this supposed to start happening?

Just curious... hope you guys don't get screwed by this. You are a good bunch of guys and gals over there, I hope this isn't bad news for you.

There is no flowback/flowthrough system currently in effect at Chicago Express. ATA Mainline ALPA never believed in a flowback system, It causes nothing but senority problems and HUGE training costs with all the movement.

Cheers!

ok, so my dream of being an RJ capt. will be fulfilled.... while treading on the backs of all of my friends.... boy thats fun, i should go out and have another cause, well i suppose thats all that there is to do

wow

Latest resources

Back