Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mpflies2

That Guy
I am sitting here attempting to study...for tommorow at 7am, I have a date with a check airmen for my CFI.

I know I know my stuff, and haven't been nervous about it at all until the last 20 minutes or so. Its starting to sink in.

Marc

100% normal dude. If you werent nervous about the checkride, something would be wrong. Call me and let me know how it goes. Best of luck.

Man ... that is the worst... the day before the ride.. Wow how I do not want to go through that again. In the end tho you will see everything was worth it. My best advice to you is not to study anything the day before the checkride. You either know it by now or you don't. Chances are you do since your CFI signed you off. Just take it easy today, try to chill and get your mind off of it. You will do just fine. I'll be waiting to hear the good news.

And if you bust, I'll sell you my CFI for $2495. J/K

iflyjets4food said:
And if you bust, I'll sell you my CFI for $2495. J/K

I busted....oral went great, the flight went great......at least till the end....said i was cheating with rudder on eights on pylons....at one point i took my feet off the rudder to prove a point......and then i went long on my short field landing which was in a 15kt direct crosswind, then went long again on the second chance...all else was good....so now i gotta wait like a week to get another ride....

I'm so pissed, for once i was honestly really really prepared for a checkride and i always manage to screw myself...this is the 3rd of 5 checkrides i busted on the first try......

I feel like i'm never gonna get a job in this industry with that record...and everyone whos flown with me knows i'm a good pilot, something about checkrides, it alwasy seems to be my bad day....and today i didnt even feel like was a bad day, just 2 smalll issues.....

I'm so dissapointed in myself....:mad: :(

mpflies2 said:
this is the 3rd of 5 checkrides i busted on the first try......

I feel like i'm never gonna get a job in this industry with that record...

Employers would care about that? That's disappointing to hear. I would hope it would be like medical school-- and we all know what they call the guy who graduates bottom-of-his-class from medical school.

Well, better luck next week!

Well, on the bright side, at least those two things will be relatively easy to fix. Be glad you passed the oral, that's better than a lot of people do.

Keep your chin up. :D

Alamanach said:
Employers would care about that? That's disappointing to hear. I would hope it would be like medical school-- and we all know what they call the guy who graduates bottom-of-his-class from medical school.

Well, better luck next week!

I think I know this one. Is it a dentist ?

HS

Latest resources

Back