• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
profitable division??
I dont think so!!!

profitable division??
I dont think so!!!

Actually, we were profitable in all 4 qtrs of 2002. Don't get me wrong, nobody's getting rich but, a profit's a profit.

I know I should resist such flamebait...

but I can't help myself.

Look, everyone has their say about Flexjet, fine, its the American way. But while sifting through these non-sensical messages "Oh, those idiots didn't hire me and look at me now. I fly a Boeing Business Jet, I'm gone five nights a year and I get paid a million dollars PLUS per diem. HAH! Take that Flexjet" or "Avolar is going to buy them...no, I meant Flight Options is going to buy them,... No? Crap... Uhh, Greyhound is going to buy them...No, wait... I got it, their going out of business, yeah thats it, thats the ticket." --- you must realize that %99.9 percent of the Flexjet pilots, flight attendants, instructors, support staff, management etc. do not give a flying %^&$ about these rumors (and very rarely even hear them) that are created in minds thoroughly fouled by dead brain cells and bong resin. Its one thing to post information you gained from personal experience (even if it is several years old) about a company for the benefit of the job hunter. However, its completely asinine to post an article from a newspaper that is rehashing old news (gee, the economy is in bad shape, stop the presses!) that doesn't even apply to the company in question. For the record: Flexjet operated in the black in 2002 and is on pace to do the same in 2003. One of the few profitable divisions for BBD as of late. If I felt like it, (and I don't, I've already given up a few minutes of my life I'll never get back commenting on this) I could find some recent articles referring to job cuts in the Cessna and Gulfstream biz jet families... Where is the post saying Netjets and CitationShares are going TU?

This company has its warts, no one will disagree on that point; we all have our gripes and issues we feel deserve more attention... but it is a good job and I'm proud to work here. Every person I fly with has basically this same attitude: We go to work, we go home and the paycheck clears every two weeks. And as any pilot for Midway, Vanguard, National and any other unfortunate furloughed soul will tell you: frankly, these days, thats enough.

I feel badly about the Flight Ops situation. Obviously, the vast majority of those guys and girls go to work and give a %100. Flight Ops current situation is a result of bad management strategy, and hopefully a good resolution will come about.

Re: I know I should resist such flamebai

LXJ31 said:
but I can't help myself.

I could find some recent articles referring to job cuts in the ... Gulfstream biz jet families...

OK, go ahead. Gulfstream has had no reductions in it's force structure in over 15 months. Prevous reductions occurred as the result of right sizing the organization at the end of GV development.

GV

No reductions at GS YET!!. When the frist round goes down range in Iraq we will all see what happens.

UAL is in the crapper. American Airlines to follow. Delta, NW, Cont, all continue to furlough. Corporate jet sales in the crapper. All the privat jet builders in ICT have made substancial reductions. GS ain't gonna go forever without putin' some folks on the streets. Another case of, Oh!, How the mighty have fallen. Also, ask an EJI guy how many new G-IV or G-V the company accepted in 2002.

Nice Job LXJ31. One of the best posts ive read in a while. Remember the big rumor about Flight Options buying Flexjet?? Who comes up with these??If folks would actually DO the research (ie. BBD quarterly's where the CEO of BBD said "Flexjet is NOT for sale") instead of listening to FBO garble, this aviation world would be a much better place. Someone who posts "The end of Flexjet" and doesnt do the research should be shot

He's right...

...it would have been more accurate for me to state that Gulfstream has NOT had any job cuts since the G-V was rolled out. I was looking at old news when I saw that...it figures, as soon as I get on someone for using old data I go off and do the same thing.

It is accurate, however, to say that all the Wichita based manufacturers have already announced job cuts recently (what a bold statement, I know.) It is also correct that Gulfstream had an awful year last year and isn't looking to do much better this year. I refer you to an article: http://www.savannahnow.com/exchange/stories/012303/EXClocalbriefs.shtml

or two:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/105408_gulfstream23.shtml

There is also an article referring to Bombardier and the new CEO Tellier with a reference to Gulfstream in today's Toronto Star.

The point of all this is not to overreact everytime a piece of negative news makes the wire because it happens all the time these days. Starting a topic with the header of "The end of Flexjet?" is a prime example of this.

One day at a time.

Quick and the Dead

Bombardier will not be quick to kill Flexjet because of the lack of their product line at Netjets or Flight Options.

Fractionals being the segment with the largest gain of the last few years means they need to be in it.

Latest resources

Back