Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DesertFalcon

Member since 1999
The term "FUD" is used quite often here in the Fractional area of "FlightInfo." Some of us may not be familiar with the term so, I thought I would post this definition for everyones benefit.

===========================
FUD

Fear, uncertainty, and doubt (FUD) is a tactic of rhetoric used in sales, marketing and public relations.[1][2] FUD is generally a strategic attempt to influence public perception by disseminating negative (and vague) information. An individual firm, for example, might use FUD to invite unfavorable opinions and speculation about a competitor's product; to increase the general estimation of switching costs among current customers; or to maintain leverage over a current business partner who could potentially become a rival.

The term originated to describe disinformation tactics in the computer hardware industry and has since been used more broadly.[3] FUD is a manifestation of the appeal to fear.

Information obtained from Wikipedia Article.

Same thing...

Thanks for posting the definition, DF. It's been awhile since I posted the same one you found. The book Confessions of a Union Buster written by Martin Levitt, a union buster who planned and executed FUD campaigns at more than 250 businesses, explains in detail how FUD was spread among the workers to discourage them from speaking out against unfair wages and/or working conditions. If they aren't already doing so, Options pilots need to get copies of the book and pass it around like the NJA pilots did. From the inside cover, quoting Levitt who became so disgusted at what he had done that he changed careers and went on the speaking circuit to help those he had previously set out to destroy:

"I come from a very dirty business...." he begins. "The enemy was the collective spirit. I got hold of that spirit while it was still a seedling; I poisoned it, choked it, bludgeoned it if I had to, anything to be sure it would never blossom into a united work force". His listeners slowly realize that the war they suspected was being waged against them was a real one, not just the creation of a union's paranoid imagination.... Levitt's speeches confirm for his audiences, in sickening detail how their supervisors were taught to despise and fear unions.... This manipulation is just one of the dirty tricks that have transformed the war on organized labor into a billion dollar industry, and Levitt has decided to clear his conscience and expose them all. This (the book) is his candid acknowledgment of the ruthless campaigns of treachery and terror he once waged....

Without a doubt the frac pilots are being bombarded by FUD in an effort to suppress their wages and deny them fair work rules. Many are fighting back for themselves, their families, fellow pilots, and the frac industry. They are walking taller and their self-respect is higher because they know their cause is justified and admirable. My gratitude and respect to everyone taking a stand in the war being waged against frac pilots and their families. NJW

Without a doubt the frac pilots are being bombarded by FUD in an effort to suppress their wages and deny them fair work rules.

NJW is the biggest union propaganda expert on these boards and is an expert at making statements such as this to enhance the mob mentality of unions.

Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt at it's dishonest best.

NJW....

Your're welcome.

I hope it helps all of us, not only with the Unions but with all of the Propaganda pushed onto the American People (eg; Global Warming, The War on Terror).

Let's all wake up at the same time and push back the misinformation.

NJW is the biggest union propaganda expert on these boards and is an expert at making statements such as this to enhance the mob mentality of unions.

Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt at it's dishonest best.

And what the hell are you doing, (beside telling DM at FLOPS what to do) What are you a freeking saint? Moron

Latest resources

Back