• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Costa Citationair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm reading these post and I've gotta ask Options and Shares pilots, who do you work for...your respective companies or are you just agents of 1108?

I work for myself and for my family. Period. I don't buy into the corporate "family" crap any more than the Union "brotherhood" crap. And I put my trust in whichever organization I believe will further the interests of myself and my family the best.

Once upon a time I put my trust in a corporation called RTA, and was rewarded with broken promises. Then I put my trust in a corporation called Flight Options (and its leader Kenn Ricci), and was rewarded with broken promises.

Now I trust the 1108 more than the Company. This is because I see the 1108 leadership working as hard as they can to further my interests, against discouraging odds and ridiculously pro-corporation labor laws, and being opposed and maligned at every opportunity by that same corporation that broke their promises and "moved my cheese" more times than I care to count.

Obviously, in the few years since our Local was chartered we have not made much progress in the all-important areas of pay and benefits. Those suck at Options. But that is due to the stubbornness of Options management and the tepid support of about a third of our pilot group, not due to any lack of effort by the 1108.

Fresh Air has a point but I disagree with him slightly. Uncle Kenn wasn't that bad to work for. He is very anti union and paternalistic but in general his defense to union drives was to keep the pay and working conditions good enough to keep the union off the doorstep. That being said when Raytheon pushed him out and took over Options the pain became quickly became intolerable and the 1108 came on property. The lesson is in aviation you need a union because the guy you are working for today that treats you pretty well may not be the guy you are working for tomorrow. After Mother Raytheon handed me huge increases in my health insurance premium for less coverage and tried to drop my wife's coverage, a VP of flight Ops that in my unprofessional opinion is a pathological liar, crappy crew meals, crappy hotels, scheduling that ran us all into the ground and wouldn't reason with any of us I learned. It turned this generally conservative, anti union guy into a dues paying MIG. If you don't have a union, get one because stuff changes fast. If you have one, support it. If you don't like the direction of your union, run for office or at least become active supporting a candidate for leadership. A union isn't a thing unto itself. It is made up of the pilot group and is only as strong or weak as the membership and the will of that membership. If you just bitch and bellyache about the union without getting involved or offering solutions to the problems you are giving management the ability to strong arm you. It's your union if you don't like it get involved and work to change it.

Last edited:
Nice post, Ghetto. I would probably see things from your point of view completely if I had been around for the (pre-merger) "good times" at Options when you were the highest paid, enjoyed fast upgrades and growth, there was hope for the future, and Kenn was everyone's friend. I came too late for that, and have seen little except take-aways, so my view is a bit more jaded.

Rumors

Rumors abound as the dude abides. Heard on the street 6 airframes are about to be cut from the fleet. As the ship is prepared to tug to salvage, I'll bet the Captain is still hiding from view refusing to make a statement cowering behind his office door.

Will there be furloughs and downgrades or will the ranks be left to rot through attrition and atrophy?

So sorry to see you go.

Rumors abound as the dude abides. Heard on the street 6 airframes are about to be cut from the fleet. As the ship is prepared to tug to salvage, I'll bet the Captain is still hiding from view refusing to make a statement cowering behind his office door.

Will there be furloughs and downgrades or will the ranks be left to rot through attrition and atrophy?

So sorry to see you go.

Seems to me you already know the answers to your questions. Tool.

Rocky, your a class act. I will let the 250 pilots and their family's at CitationAir know that you wish them well. Taking joy in other people's misery is called Schadenfreude, it is most often exhibited by people with low self-esteem.

not in a position to sound off????????? Really??????? Then exactly what position they in????? There the only ones in a position to sound off that's why they were voted in!!! Your post is the most ignorant post ever in flightinfo history??they need to be sounding off everyday and they need to get rid of those lawyers that totaly f upped the scope clause that allowed ricci to purchase flexjet and not have one of our pilots benefit from it??or is that i fault too should i have done something to stop it??? Shouls i have written scope myself??? (i shoulda of woulda been done better then what we ended up with) why don't you take responsibilty for this unions short coming??? Instead of blaming i all you guys are doing is turning this pilot group against the inion and ricci will be getting his decertification vote as he planned..

Punctuation.

Taking joy in other people's misery is called Schadenfreude, it is most often exhibited by people with low self-esteem.

With a little schizophrenia mixed into the cocktail. Your losing it rocky, what happened to the sinking ship theme - couldn't you find a link to the Titanic movie soundtrack.

Beware the karma.

I know of 6 pilots coming off the seniority list within these last 2 weeks. Hopefully all can find something else before being put on the street. ( well, except for the managament minions and Kool-Aid drinkers )

Latest resources

Back