• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Costa Citationair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All the top FLOPS mgmt. and 1 Directional rep went to HPN on Monday and returned Tuesday. The CEO stated they were there to do the Citation shares deal.
Rumor has it, it is for planes and customers only. I am not sure how that will work, as planes don't fly themselves. We shall see I guess.

I heard there were similar discussions with NJA involving hours and customers. Don't recall anything said about aircraft. CA is allegedly trying to get out of the business before the target date, as in by the end of this year. Rumor or not, I would prepare for the worst case scenario if I worked there. In any case, best wishes to all involved.

The word is official. 19 planes and contracts from CA going to Flops. The pilots will not be going.

The CA pilots will train the Flops pilots and Flops will recall 85 furloughed pilots. This transition should take about 9 months.

Last edited:
The word is official. !9 planes and contracts from CA going to Flops. The pilots will not be going.

The CA pilots will train the Flops pilots and Flops will recall 85 furloughed pilots. This transition should take about 9 months.

9 planes = 85 recalls? You guys must staff heavy.

The word is official. !9 planes and contracts from CA going to Flops. The pilots will not be going.

I do not doubt this, but where is this official word coming from?

This is part of it. It was part of a letter released from the DAC Chairman.

"The new development is that we have also been working on a transaction to acquire Citation Air, which announced in 2012 that it was exiting the fractional ownership market once its existing agreements expire. Because Citation Air is only 20% of the size of Flight Options, we are not planning to integrate operations. Instead, we will continue to wind down the operations of Citation Air over 9 months by gradually transferring 19 of its aircraft to our fleet, taking over 200 customers of Citation Air and giving us an additional 12,000 hours of annual flying. Because we will not be hiring Citation Air?s pilots or integrating seniority lists, the new aircraft and flying will allow us to bring as many as 85 of our furloughed pilots back to work as well as providing upgrade opportunities to many of our active pilots. The transaction could close as early as October 1st."

The word is official. 19 planes and contracts from CA going to Flops. The pilots will not be going.

Are the pilots training them, or is CA paying for the FO pilots to go to flight safety?

Latest resources

Back