• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To FSB99 ...

Yes, a mojito is similar to a mint julep however, juleps are made
with Bourbon and no lime.

The best drink.....

All this talk about great mixed drinks, and good lagers, has made me think...

No matter what your preference...

The best drink, is still the FREE one!!!:D

I am most likely younger than you are (I am 21)...and to tell you the truth, I'm not quite sure how I drink like I do either...it mystifies many!

Heh - yep! You're younger by 3 years. As I age, I find that I can't hold my alcohol quite as well. It's pretty sad, really.

The best drink, is still the FREE one!!!

That's for d@mned sure. But I'd be willing to bet that you get more free drinks than I do!

Margarita on the rocks with a GOOD tequila.
Not that cuervo crap.
Patron Silver, Don Julio or Cabo Wabo are my favorites. Add a splash of Controy (I don't use that french cointreau stuff anymore) and you're set.

Second choice is a Michelada. Its a Mexican beer concoction.
Salt a frosty mug, add ice and fill about 1/3 full with lime juice. Then you add "salsa" (worchestershire, tabasco and maggi) and your beer of choice. Usually Corona or Dos Equis.
Perfect for poolside on the Cancun layovers.

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**, I'm gonna have to go make myself a drink now. :D

Last edited:
Mojito

I've never had a mojito but this thread has me wanting one or two. Can any of you mojito experts confirm this recipe I found on the web:
Ingredients:

3 fresh Mint sprigs
2 tsp Sugar
3 tblsp Lemon juice (or lime), fresh
1 1/2 oz Light rum
Club soda, Chilled

Mixing instructions:

In a tall thin glass, crush part of the mint with a fork to coat the inside. Add the sugar and lemon juice and stir thoroughly. Top with ice. Add rum and mix. Top off with the club soda (or seltzer). Add a lemon slice and the remaining mint. Serves one.

thanks

OtterFO

Cruzan & Coke with a twist. :D

For a boost towards dream land - a couple B52 coffees, subtle, potent, and effective. :p

For all you people who like Mountain Dew

For all you people who like Mountain Dew, when I was in high school we used to drive to the beach and sit out there all night. Each of us would have a 2 liter of mountain dew and mix in some 151 and drink it like that. I swear that is good sh!t.

Re: Mojito

KigAir said:
I've never had a mojito but this thread has me wanting one or two. Can any of you mojito experts confirm this recipe I found on the web:
Ingredients:

3 fresh Mint sprigs
2 tsp Sugar
3 tblsp Lemon juice (or lime), fresh
1 1/2 oz Light rum
Club soda, Chilled

Mixing instructions:

In a tall thin glass, crush part of the mint with a fork to coat the inside. Add the sugar and lemon juice and stir thoroughly. Top with ice. Add rum and mix. Top off with the club soda (or seltzer). Add a lemon slice and the remaining mint. Serves one.

thanks
Yes, but go with the lime juice, not the lemon. Have a professional make one for you first so you know what you're going for, preferably a young Cuban lady.

Latest resources

Back