• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Tough guy

mar said:
A "resounding victory"?

Like Iraq?

Oh that's right. I forgot. The war's over. The troops are coming home now.

<sob>

I guess I haven't the stomach for it.

That's right. In fact your post makes me sick.

<barf>
Oh, so Iraq was a loss? Yes, troops are coming home. Some are still going. Maybe even myself. Some of you liberal hippee punks make me sick. Maybe you should take a class or two on warfare instead of listening to the press, and then maybe we can talk.

I have yet to hear someone tell me that things arent going as they have been originally planned. Yes, men are dying. We call that WAR. WE sign up to fight it. Not pu$$ies like you.

Iraq is a loss, for every one that's lost someone overthere and for everyone that stands to loose someone in the future because of our ignorance.

Mission accomplished my azz

Vladimir Lenin said:
Iraq is a loss, for every one that's lost someone overthere and for everyone that stands to loose someone in the future because of our ignorance.

Mission accomplished my azz
How many people do you know that has lost their lives over there? Maybe we did the right thing, maybe we didn't. NO ONE will ever know. So go ahead, tell the families of all of my fellow Marines that were KIA that they died for nothing. Tell them that giving their lives had nothing to do with protecting others so they might not lose theirs. Thats what we are in buisness for sonny-boy. And thats what they did and are doing. Some are still fighting and dying. Thats war. Read a book.

I'll be waiting

Marine Grunt--I hope you make it back soon.

But I gotta ask.

Doesn't it just burn ya up even a little bit when you hear all these fat old men cheering for America to go kick some raghead butt.

They do all that cheering from their comfy leather chair in some air-conditioned office. They're consigning your scrawny butt to go fly 10,000 miles and camp out in the desert.

Don't you ever want to say to them, "Hey man, mind your own friggin' business. I'm a soldier and I do what I'm told but that doesn't mean you gotta be so frickin' excited about it."

I mean, talk about a vicarious thrill. Like Monday Night Football or something.

Even if I was in favor of this war I would use a little better discretion than painting my face in red, white and blue and shouting down the liberal faggots.

It's just common courtesy that's all. I'm in no hurry for you to go to Iraq. I wish it *was* finished.

I should've known better (light came on)

MarineGrunt--I was thinking about my response to you and then it occurs to me: Just because I was negative towards Bart that may have come off as negative towards everything involved with Iraq.

Including you and other grunts?

No.

Remember, after Vietnam, people are able to separate the troops from the politics when they protest.

If I'm sickened it's because of people who rally for war but risk nothing for it.

I just wanted to clarify that.

mar -
I apologise for replying a little hostile. I seems you aren't as aggresive in your post as I tought you were.

To answer your question, I really doesnt bother me that some cheer us on like this is a WWF wrestling match, because most Marines I know are always looking forward to a good ol fashioned a$$ whippin! But I'll tell you what DOES bother me... I hate it when the press, politicians and the such, reflect one how negatively things are going over there. Men and women are dying, yes, and that is the ball game we decided to play when we signed on the dotted line. Every single Marine, or soldier I have talked to that has been over there says that they have been greeted by many Iraqi citizens and that there are still many Iraqi troops kissing their feet. The press and, sorry to say, most democrats, like to reflect negatively on our efforts because people are still dying over there. Like I said. It's war. We have made drastic improvements on the way of life of countless Iraqi civillians. Why it's not being reported? I don't know. I'm just a former grunt. Ask an Iraqi war vet if you dont believe me.

So im my opinion, anyone that refers to the Iraqi war as being a loss, or a waste of time, dishonors all those who fought and died there. Most of those people who think that are those who are informed by the media, unreliable sources, or politicians with an agenda. THOSE are the people that make me sick.

So everyone - get on the bandwagon, let's win this war, and bring everyone home. To lose this now only encourages our enemies.

Re: I should've known better (light came on)

mar said:
Remember, after Vietnam, people are able to separate the troops from the politics when they protest.
I respectfully disagree with this one. Vietnam is a perfect example of why this does NOT work. When a soldier or Marine is in the field fighting, they NEED to believe in what they are fighting for. They NEED to have a just cause. If that is taken away then morale crumbles, discipline fades, the will to fight disappears, and men die. It may sound too elementary, but its true. Battles are won or lost with morale of the fighting man.

I'm not a soldier

MarineGrunt--I typed out another response but deleted it because it doesn't matter what I say because I'm not a soldier.

I'll never be able to see things the way you see them. I'm sure you'll do an awesome job anyway and wish you safe travel.

Thanks for the apology. I didn't expect one.

Re: I'm not a soldier

mar said:
MarineGrunt--I typed out another response but deleted it because it doesn't matter what I say because I'm not a soldier.
Well, it does matter. You pay our salary! :)

There are many soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines that share your opinion. Just because you aren't in the military doesn't make you wrong.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back