Tell me about a good Wichita hotel for Flight Safety

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dhc8fo

Hey guys, I ususally stay at the Airport Hilton when I go to Flight Safety in Wichita. I probably will again, but since this is initial training and lasts almost two weeks, it is going to hurt my wallet!!

Anyone recommend any other nearby hotels that don't suck? The nice thing about the Hilton is not having to rent a car, but it is on the pricey side so I will rent a car and stay somewhere cheaper if there is a good place.

Thanks!

Red Coach Inn is just North of the GA section, it's not nearly as nice as the Hilton though it will be cheaper and a free shuttle. They have a new hotel that is also pretty close to the airport but I don't know the name. I'll find out and post it for you, they look nice.

Thanks guys. Going to Cessna.

Did a lot of looking last night (and calling) and decided to just go with what I know. Walking distance is nice and the prices aren't that much different in general (Hilton is $102, Holiday Inn is $97, Candlewood is $93, etc).

I stayed at the Best Western, but had lunch at the Hilton most every day.

(I had my own car)

The BW was ok, but for the same price....I'd rather stay at the Hilton.

DHC8FO,

Call the Hilton and tell them you are there with Cessna/ Flight Safety, $89/ night rate.

Have fun.
prpjt

There is a hotel just north of the freeway that was advertising something like $189 a week on a big banner in front of the hotel. It's right on the north edge of the airport. Maybe someone at FS could get you the name.

Take care.
prpjt

Latest resources

Back