Telex repair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJLoser

Anyone know a place other than telex to get a wire & ear pad replaced? Telex seemed a bit expensive.

Looks like it's a no go

NOTAM

As of November 1, 2010, Doctor Headset will offer sales on new headsets and no longer offer repair services on headsets. Headsets needing repair should be sent to the manufacturers using the links below. We can do most cosmetic repairs (ear pads and foams) for all major brands, however functional repairs need to be addressed by the manufacturer in order to maintain TSO integrity.

Telex - http://www.telex.com/Support/

Sennheiser - http://www.sennheiserusa.com/service/ServiceRequest_WiredOther.pdf

Plantronics - http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/support/service/

Thank you for allowing us to continue the repair service as long as we did; we were able to establish an endowment trust fund in Leo’s honor and bless others along the way.

Anyone know a place other than telex to get a wire & ear pad replaced? Telex seemed a bit expensive.

Break your Telex and send it back. Not only did I get mine fixed for free even though I had them for many years and way past the warranty, they replaced the ear pads and mic pad too. I simply boxed up the headset, wrote a letter and signed it Captain so and so and my airline's name below my name as a hint and mailed it. Came back 2 weeks later like new and no charge.

Break your Telex and send it back. Not only did I get mine fixed for free even though I had them for many years and way past the warranty, they replaced the ear pads and mic pad too. I simply boxed up the headset, wrote a letter and signed it Captain so and so and my airline's name below my name as a hint and mailed it. Came back 2 weeks later like new and no charge.

Just got a Telex ANR 500 back. 4 screws came loose. They were going to charge me $240 to have it fixed. Their explanation for the steep price, was that they would overhaul the entire headset. The headset worked fine though. So they send it back with no repairs, no new padding, and it took quite some convincing to get 4 screws send with it.
Take a guess, what I think of their customer service!

Just got a Telex ANR 500 back. 4 screws came loose. They were going to charge me $240 to have it fixed. Their explanation for the steep price, was that they would overhaul the entire headset. The headset worked fine though. So they send it back with no repairs, no new padding, and it took quite some convincing to get 4 screws send with it.
Take a guess, what I think of their customer service!

Forgot to mention in my post that my experience with Telex was 10 years ago. How times have changed. Sorry to hear about the bad customer service.

I sent my 850 back to Telex to have the mic fixed after it had become loose. They charged $75 to replace it and put on new ear pads and a new cord without me even asking. I thought that was reasonable, plus hey it's a tax write off.

I have an old ANR-1D I was using way back during my instructor days. Right side doesn't work at all, so I called them for an estimate. No more product support, but "we offer a trade in for $550+". You'd expect a company to offer a bit better support for their higher-priced products.

Take that crappy Telex POS, accidentally drop it in the path of (a tug, an A-380, let a two year old play with it or whatever), submit an insurance claim and get some Sennheisers...

Guaranteed to be the best fix for telex headsets!

Latest resources

Back