• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TAM Brazil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They will definitely hire Americans, but only those with Brazilian licenses and the legal right to live and work in Brazil.

No different to the American requirements for hiring Brazilians.

Besides the hot flight attendants, I don't see why people would want to work here. It's just not a good place to work.
I wish we would hire foreigners, it would make the place alot better.

Besides the hot flight attendants, I don't see why people would want to work here. It's just not a good place to work.

"here", you mean Brazil or TAM

Tell them that you know how to work the radar and you're in...

Both. TAM is the first and last company I will fly for in Brazil. I am sure the others are the same. VARIG used to be different but still a long way from being a serious flag carrier. They are all a flight school, get your time and move on.
It's funny you mentioned the radar. People here don't know how to use it and when you try to teach them, they won't listen. This GOD attitude is what makes it horrible to fly here. No wonder accidents have gone up alot recently.
Before I came to Brazil, a friend of mine who flew for VASP said in Brazil he can count in one hand the good captains he flew with and flying overseas, he can count in one hand the bad captains he flies with.

Can you please elaborate? More details please. Most flight attendants in the States are 50+ year old cat farmers...

Brazil has a woman to man ratio of 16 to 1. In aviation we have FAs 19 years old and up, most being in their early 20s. Women of all shapes, sizes, color etc. You can take your pick. Most are very good looking.
Hiring foreigners would change the way people think here. My airlines is more like a flight school than a flag carrier. The mentality is Captain is God. No wonder major accidents are happening yearly. No CRM at all etc. I think it would change if we had people coming from well run airlines etc. The way it is now and has been for a long time doesn't even come close to being a serious airline.

Brazil has a woman to man ratio of 16 to 1. In aviation we have FAs 19 years old and up, most being in their early 20s. Women of all shapes, sizes, color etc. You can take your pick. Most are very good looking.
Hiring foreigners would change the way people think here. My airlines is more like a flight school than a flag carrier. The mentality is Captain is God. No wonder major accidents are happening yearly. No CRM at all etc. I think it would change if we had people coming from well run airlines etc. The way it is now and has been for a long time doesn't even come close to being a serious airline.

dude, are you American?

Sorry for the thred drift, but...

A woman to man ratio of 16 to 1?!!! No way! That is just not possible. If you have documented proof, I would like to see it. Untill then I am a unbeliever..

Latest resources

Back