Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flybet3

Fly for me! Get my Bonus!
Hey guys, does anyone know anything on a company called Tallon air out of midland texas???? They fly queen airs? I spoke with the DO I guess he was, there's something really fishy about the guy....anyway, if anyone knows ANYTHING let me know.

Flybet3 said:
Hey guys, does anyone know anything on a company called Tallon air out of midland texas???? They fly queen airs? I spoke with the DO I guess he was, there's something really fishy about the guy....anyway, if anyone knows ANYTHING let me know.

DANG! ANYONE????

Flybet3,

Sorry it took so long. Worked there way back when. What would you like to know, if its not too late?

Thanks

DA2000 said:
Flybet3,

Sorry it took so long. Worked there way back when. What would you like to know, if its not too late?

Well...it kinda is, but I would still like to know....I hope we're talking about the same one. The company I am talking about operates Queen Airs. The guy that offered me the job was an OK guy, he was kinda nice but it seemed like we really wasnt "home" sometimes, pay wasnt tooooo bad for flying a queen air. The guy was talking about getting gulfstreams in a cargo config, I kid you not!!! Anyway, how long ago did you work there? What did you fly at the time? did you like it?

There's an outfit in Georgia flying freight in G 1s,so I could see Talon getting some. There's another outfit in Minnesota flying Queen Airs, if your'e dead set on flying one of those.

jafo20 said:
There's an outfit in Georgia flying freight in G 1s,so I could see Talon getting some. There's another outfit in Minnesota flying Queen Airs, if your'e dead set on flying one of those.

no no no.....the company I am talking about is based out of Oddessa Texas....I'm not set in flying those at all, I posted my first post months ago, when I was looking for job. I'm just curious about the place, no one seems to know anything about it.

I was there for a year back in 89, then briefly after college in 93. A buddy just vacated the position for a Merlin III job.

Jim Nyerges is the CP, Owner, Mechanic, etc.

He is an OK guy, just has some personallity problems from time to time. He seems to pay better than most of the small operators in the area. The planes are as good as can be expected, better than most I've seen on the ramp. The queen is a fun airplane to fly, and his routes are usually daytime and easy. The main route is MAF to Alpine, TX with contract UPS. He has had that run for like 16 years.

He always speaks of getting this or that for a new route, but it never materializes. Expect to be in a QueenAir for the duration.

I'm still based down the ramp and see Jim weekly.

Latest resources

Back