• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flydog

Tables broken by ‘Mile High Club’

Amorous passengers — on Virgin, no less — force repairs

LONDON, Sept. 16 — Virgin Atlantic Airways is to replace tables in its newest planes because passengers have broken them during illicit trysts, the Sun newspaper said on Monday.

THE $200 MILLION Airbus A340-600, which was introduced several weeks ago, has a “mother and baby room” with a plastic table meant for changing diapers. But passengers have destroyed them by using them for love making.

“Those determined to join the Mile High Club will do so despite the lack of comforts,” a Virgin spokeswoman was quoted as saying.

“We don’t mind couples having a good time, but this is not something that we would encourage because of air regulations.”

© 2002 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

Re-Wording

You'd think they could have said, a spokewomen for Virgin Airlines.....rather than......oh well.....guess it wouldn't have been so funny the other way :eek:

--

Virgin Airlines...

Okay, I just GOTTA weigh in on this one...

Saw a Virgin Atlantic A340 taxi out and takeoff out of Newark, NJ today...on the side of it is typed 'more experience than our name implies' (or something very close to it)...

Now tell me with a saying like that on the plane, that it's a surprise that the baby changing tables are being broken by making babies...:)

I crack myself up...

FastCargo

I also believe there is a Virgin Airbus A340-600 with "Mine is bigger than yours" written on the side....

Latest resources

Back