Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NoJoy

LAMA/400
What is the latest and greatest with Swift Aviation? Are they growing or shrinking? Are the scheds still 8 on and 7 off? Do they hire you as a co-captain or first officer? Is this a descent place to work, or do most use it as a time builder?

DO very hostile to ex-airline pilots except a handful of guys there now... If you're not type rated in CE750, EMB-145 or 737, need not apply.. Neither growing or shrinking... trucking along, pay's significantly higher than Regional, and lower than mainline..

Thanks FMS-Speed for the heads up. I see on their website they are accepting apps for the X and Legacy. I imagine some of their pilots end up at NJA and XOJET with some time in those jets.

Thanks FMS-Speed for the heads up. I see on their website they are accepting apps for the X and Legacy. I imagine some of their pilots end up at NJA and XOJET with some time in those jets.

Of 20 guys I personally knew while I was at Swift, 17 of them have gone to XOJet.. It's a virtual flow-thru..

As such, Swift will not hire you without the type or unless the DO personally knows you.

good luck.

btw... to be clear, the guys who went to XO aren't all necessarily happier than they were at Swift.. I know for a fact a few aren't. It's the nature of the work.. corporate jets are corporate jets and they require a guy willing to work a bit harder than at your typical 121 jobs.. more reason for them to shy away form 121 guys and rightfully so.

FMS-Speed I have sent you a pm. Thanks for the info.

Latest resources

Back