• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPALUV Video shocking or not!!???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone not expect arbitration in any merger/aquisition scenario? Accept it, accept the arbitrated award when it happens, and move on with your lives.

I expect a settlement.

Short of pounding your shoe on the podium shouting WE WILL BURY YOU! The video is a quite antagonistic. Way to work together guys.

Last edited:
The TWA guys were not stapled. I personally know two former TWA captains who are flying with AA as captains.
Jim

Herc Driver
I suggest you don’t talk about things you know nothing about.

58% of the TWA pilots were stapled. Some of the stapled pilots were captains.
The TWA pilots not stapled were integrated from the BOTTOM of the AA pilot seniority list at a ratio of 1 TWA pilot to 8.11 AA pilots. Most of the pilots furloughed after 911 were former TWA pilots including some hired at TWA in 1988.
The side letter called “Supplement CC” allows some former TWA pilots to fly captain out of seniority in STL.

So you are partially correct, there are some former TWA pilots flying captain.

All the strife is coming from the guys with the most to lose. The senior swa fo's. Anyone in the left seat will stay there. It is the guys who believe that they should gain from the merger that are most upset. Airtran fo's gain a huge pay raise, Airtran captains get a nice raise, Swa captains allready have the dream and dont care. Top quarter of the swa fo list get squat. Tbat is the way it always works in mergers...

Ouch, this is starting to get painful to watch - especially Lear and Ty with their heads so far up their butts. Career hari-kari at its finest. From those of us on the sidelines, it's very clear that the Trannies will not be SWA unless they accept a staple.

I predict that its all just tough talk on FI and when push comes to shove (or a vote) these bozos will wake up.

Baghdad Bob hasn't been right yet . . . . Might as well go for broke, and start telling us how you're roasting the stomachs of our NC on a BBQ in Amarillo. :laugh:

Most of the Airtran and SWA guys are staying out of the discussion of who gets what, and where, as the reality of what will be presented will come soon enough. As for the guys on sniffers row without dollar bills in their hand, knock yourself out, maybe you will get a glimpse at the rosebud.

Just in SWAPALUV is accepting applications for the new reality television show featuring SWA and Airtran crews. They will live in a house together till the negotiations are finished.

Latest resources

Back