• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA wants all FAPA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not really sure what the mins are at Lynx. The "average" in my class was 5000 hrs+. It’s a good group of guys/gals. I must admit I'm happy to be associated with them. All have 121 experience or military, one is in the current SWA pool. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Yeah, I know a few guys over at Lynx. All have decent experience. One of the guys was a Captain at Big Sky for several years. They are good guys and would fit in well at Southwest.

If i remember right, when Lynx went looking for pilots they didn't go looking for the bottom of the barrel like some of the regionals do. They required some good times for applications and they chose only the best.

Many ZW BAe-146 Capt's with 15K-20K+ flight hours are working for Lynx b/c they didn't want to commute to PHL.... there's some good sticks over there. Lots of WOM/referral's to get get hired, most are great guys. Most of the guys I know that got hired were regional RJ Capt's, same reason... commuting

Talking with my buddy today he said Lynx has at least 2 FO's that he knows of that got fired from Mesa! Can't wait!

It is hard to say EXACTLY how all of this if going to unfold. As we saw with TA-1/09, It is going to be a real challenge for Gary to make happy, such a large pilot group, across the board. With that said, I have great faith that both SWA and SWAPA will pull things together and make this happen so that everyone comes out on top! There is no doubt that our management views acquisition of Frontier as a mode of future growth and prosperity for the company. In the end, of course, the Company has to be the real winner.

A little over 5 years ago I landed my dream job here at SWA after 20 years in the Navy. Just the other day while passing through Dallas, I got to shake Herb's hand as he cracked a big smile and grabbed a big bear hug from Colleen. It's truly a big family here. I'm extremely proud to be a part of Southwest and have thoroughly enjoyed flying along side every single Captain from day one. Despite the occasional negative publicity rendered by postings from a very few of our members here on this website, SWA is the best job any of you will ever have in this business, trust me.

To everyone: Try not to let the rumors and speculations sway your opinion of this deal as you await the final plan as it unfolds. Have some faith in the system.....I think you will like your piece of the pie in the end.

To all of our Frontier brothers out there: Lets make this work so we can all be on the same team! I look forward working alongside everyone of you. Transitions are never fun, but in the end, you are really gonna LUV it here!

Latest resources

Back