• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Double Shot

Executive Blog - August 21, 2011
From your SWAPA President, Steve Chase

Fellow SWAPA Pilots,

Last week the AirTran-ALPA MEC voted to not send the SLI Agreement to their membership and SL 9 died a violent death. All of the work to get a negotiated agreement was for naught. Any future agreement will go back to the Board of Directors for complete review before being sent to the membership for ratification.

Early this evening SWAPA received a letter from Southwest Airlines affirming our position and rescinding their own economic proposals and other seniority integration agreements. In addition they have expressed that they have no intent to participate in the mediation process until they have completed their reassessment of their position going forward. The Process Agreement states that the Company will not participate in mediation unless requested by either our Negotiating Committee or their Merger Committee.

SWAPA is meeting with Southwest Airlines to review their plans going forward as a result of the AirTran-ALPA MEC’s rejection of the Seniority Integration Agreement. While we do not know what that plan is, we certainly know that the offer extended is no longer available.

When there are updates or developments, we’ll keep you posted. Again, thank you for your continued support.

Fly Safe,

Steve Chase

I think I just heard the sound of a collective "OH FUUUUUU(K!!!!" coming from the AT pilot group.

When SWAPA sent this email out they and SWA knew it was going straight to the internet. SWAPA has kept plenty of info to themselves...just ask some of our PO'd pilots about that. This was intended for public viewing.

And somewhere deep in the heart of Texas.....An AA guy is happy he's no longer the jackbooted stormtrooper of Airline Pilots.....

SWA you win....hands down!

Bill,

Not sure why you would think we care what outsiders think of us. Our culture is internal to our company, our customers, and our communities. It does not cross over to our competition. I'll be a professional, I won't whine at the tower if Delta 268 gets to be number one, and I'll try to be better on the radio. But my FAMILY comes first. If you view me as a sky nazi, I don't really care. Clear as mud?

This is gonna get interesting, but in the end GK won't let this deal die, too much has been invested in it. Wall Street and shareholders like it. If SWA and SWAPA want to treat their brothers like " the Rebels" in Star Wars, they may just get that, and that could get expensive for everyone. Threats and more threats. Can SWAPA make a dumb People's Court TV commercial about this?

OYS

Any time now, trannies will come on this thread to say, "What about our holdings letter?", "What about our VdV letter?", "What about our iron-clad contract language?", "What about Mike Abram, 'The Scope Pope'?"

PCL.....?

Whats that saying????

Last night I went to bed at 2 with a 10. This morning I woke up at 10 with a 2

..........well the rest will be history.......................

Latest resources

Back