• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Winglets - It's Official!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But how more gas have you burned in those 2 years??????

Well, the press release says these things should save 92,000 gallons per airplane per year, so that's 184,000 gallons. At about .75 per gallon, that's about $138,000 in extra gas money they spent by not having these things two years ago.
But in the process, they saved $1.6 MILLION each by waiting.
I don't know about you, but I'm awfully glad these are the same guys who I hope will sign my paychecks someday!

That's a pretty good return on waiting.

The cost was probably less when ATA had them put on at the factory. The $2 mil must have been a retrofit price.

1st winglets....

were on the Lear 28/29... aka, "Longhorn" - Bill Lear saw the benefits in efficiency which boosted the range on the Lear 25. Was also the testbed for the Lear 55 wing.

Flyin'

But shave or not, I think he's gonna win that airplane!
Maybe SWA should have a dog on one of their airplanes.
But then they'd probably have to announce service to ATL, in which case we'd have to make an exception and let the General in on our little guessing game:D .

SWA GUY said:
Concerning the UGA mascot.....

Tell him to get a shave, he looks like Nixon's ass!!!
HC
SWA Guy,

Please tell me you've never seen Nixon's @$$. :eek: Now you've gone an given me a mental scar. Everytime I see UGA V, I'm gonna think "Did SWA Guy really see Nixon's backside?" LOL

PTinbound said:
Maybe SWA should have a dog on one of their airplanes.
HC

PT,

I like the way you're thinkin. ;) And I truly appreciate you're making us wannabes feel welcome in your neighborhood with your contest. Without all the humor and encouragement from the poolies and folks at SWA, it would be much harder to wait for the day SWA interviews again. Thanks again for giving us hope!

Yahtz

Yahtzee,

Well, to tell the truth, the line I wrote originally came from actor/comedian Chevy Chase.

Sorry about the plagerism,

HC

SWA Guy,

You're forgiven, but I have to know if the line was in a movie or during a stand-up routine. And please realize I'll never be able to look at UGA V again without thinking of you, Nixon and Chevy Chase.

Yahtz

P.S. I know this is a stretch, but do you or Rightbettor have any odds SWA might name one of their planes after one of the UGAs? ;)

Yahtzee,

The line was from Chevy's roast.

Very slim odds on a Bulldog-lookin SWAcraft, hell we'd have to stop at every fire hydrant if we did paint one that way.

HC

Latest resources

Back