• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA virtual bases?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They can generate, for comparison's sake, sample pairings for the month, with a certain number of pairings starting and ending in the mini bases, and a reduction of lines in current bases.

Then, if both sides sign off on it, there cold be a trial period, with a snap-back to the old way, if necessary.
Your going to want to ask some old SWA heads how that snap back thing doesn't pan out at SWA. Our last scheduling open time system was sold as a test we could cancel, but the company told us otherwise...

The company has already provided a link for purchase. The minimum is the ipad air, 32g, wi-fi + 4g. 4g is required to provide GPS function. You can upgrade the memory if you want, but at your own cost.

Does any body recommend upgrading the memory?
Yes, My plan is to buy it through a cell service like Verizon with a dedicated service plan which knocks $100 of the price, netting me 64GB for the cost of 32GB.

After owning several iPads-
I'm going for the 128gig

Any news on a discount yet?

I don't do that on off days, but maybe I'll make an exception.... (Sigh- I better not learn anything else man)

Since you guys are getting the 4g, version, check out T-Mobile. They don't advertise it heavily, for obvious reasons, but you can buy a sim card for $.99 and activate a free data account, 200mb per month for "the life of the tablet". 200mb isn't much but it's enough for occasional use, emails and such when you're away from wifi.

Pretty simple to do, order the sim from the website, turn off wifi on the tablet, pop in the sim, and go to any website. It'll redirect you to t-mobile and walk you through the process of activation. The free account doesn't even require a credit card.

I guess they're hoping to get you hooked on having a cellular data plan, so you upgrade to a plan with more data later on.

For the Ipad Air, get the nano sim.

Who pays for the monthly data plan?
We have unlimited data with AT&T. Paid for by FDX.

Who pays for the monthly data plan?
We have unlimited data with AT&T. Paid for by FDX.

Right now, activation of cellular on the iPad isn't required and the company isn't paying for data plans. They're requiring the cellular version due to the internal GPS that the wifi only version doesn't have.

Latest resources

Back