SWA turbine time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Scrapdog

What is the skinny on time conversion for the military with SWA? Do you multiply your total number of sorties times your total PIC time by (0.2) and then add that to your total PIC time? Or is it (0.3)? Or am I completly out to lunch on either method? Any help would be much appreciated!

-Scrapdog-

Reapply when you've got the experience level of a frieght dog. Then you don't need to worry about it:)

Just razzing you. I don't speak F-teen.

Gup

Scrapdog,

Can't deny a fellow USAF homie the goods.

From the bottom of the southwest website, http://southwest.com/careers/pilots.html:

"When converting taxi time a conversion factor of .3 or eighteen minutes, per leg/sortie should be used. These guidelines are imposed by Southwest Airlines for the purpose of standardizing the calculation of flight time."

So any military sortie you have should be increased by .3, whether PIC or SIC. Being a fighter puke, all, or damn near all, will be PIC, so you get the bonus plan. Don't throw away any SIC because though PIC is best, you want to have that total time as high as possible too. Good luck.

Homie is asking for conversions that are plainly listed on the SWA website? Come on bro.. a little effort would be nice.

Gup

GuppyWN,

you're right. I thought about dogging him, but was in an amiable mood. On the other hand, if you are military and not in a unit with a lot of "intel" on the airlines, little stuff like that can be a royal pain in the butt. If it weren't for my friends who blazed a trail before me, I would have been SOL.

Dog - I appreciate the word on the time conversion. I did indeed see the 0.3 sortie addition at the bottom of the website (to defend myself from the gupmeister who seems intent on dogging me) and was asking the question for the sole reason of being confused on if you multiply the .3 to the entire sortie total or per each sortie - I've heard both methods and that's where the confusion lay. Thank's again for the word!

Latest resources

Back