Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TO

$100 says only way u leave is to another airline. So stop being all mouthy.
You know I'm good for it, cause I make more than one of your
****************************** bag captains.

Chive on mutha f*cker

Madjack,

You forgot the SkyWest RJ service because they had no scope. CA rates of 152/hr, FO 79/hr while Bob was just stiff arming any improvements. Oh yea....and airport standby reserve too.

Must have been a wonderful place.

This AirTran wasn't such a bad place and we should have done better with the SLI is completely delusional. Give me a break. Apples and Oranges.

We had NO scope? Sure we did, significantly better than most actually.

$152? More like mid $180's by the time our senior guys go over and start their pay cut.

Nobody is saying AirTran was great but at least we knew where our management was coming from. SW resorted to threats and ultimatums to avoid arbitration. That alone tells me we would have done much better had we arbitrated.

TO

I make more than one of your
****************************** bag captains.

Chive on mutha f*cker

...and it's our captains that are the ****************************** bags???

and another thing, no you don't.

We had NO scope? Sure we did, significantly better than most actually.

$152? More like mid $180's by the time our senior guys go over and start their pay cut.

Nobody is saying AirTran was great but at least we knew where our management was coming from. SW resorted to threats and ultimatums to avoid arbitration. That alone tells me we would have done much better had we arbitrated.

Dude, your contract sucked. It sucked a little less (but not much) since the day you were hired there. Good ole' Bob was going to drive a truck right through that 'good' scope. And the trucks name was SkyWest.

Yea....152/hr before Southwest stepped in. And yes, your senior guys are over here cleaning up and making more than were at AirTran...and in many cases, doing it the cities that they have lived for years.

Dude, your contract sucked.

With the exception of pay rates, I'd rather have our contract than yours any day.

And yes, your senior guys are over here cleaning up and making more than were at AirTran...and in many cases, doing it the cities that they have lived for years.

Wrong. They're taking pay cuts of approximately $30k per year. Those are real numbers straight from those senior pilots.

Nope, all empty threats.

The great thing is that Bob your last CEO insisted that SWA take the work group. He did really save your job. Once you step away from aviation and see how business really is, and how cut through it can be. You will come to appreciate the SWA deal even more. Boeing could of took the hit in the 717's but SWA would have never got a smoking deal on used and 737's/MAX's. Boeing would of eventually hooked Delta up. I will say yes it sucks for the AT capt's to take a pay cut, but we all did before we came to SWA. I don't feel bad that they increase their personal cost of living from 2010-2013 with your new contract.

The great thing you will miss in aviation and having a union job is MB/AM. AM is a protection you will not have in the real world of business. TRUST me I know, and it sucks.

The great thing is that Bob your last CEO insisted that SWA take the work group. He did really save your job.

Our CBA saved our job. Bob did nothing.

Latest resources

Back