• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to England?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't have any :( but i'm sure you know that the 737-700 isn't your daddy's 73.

A few examples of were we fly it are ISP-LAS, PVD-LAS, MHT-LAS, PHL-OAK, BWI-SAN, PHL-LAX. We also operate it out of MDW to the west coast at max gross of 154K on a 6000ft rwy. Other carriers use it from SAN, SNA, and OAK to Hawaii.

A previous post mentioned the -700ER model which has nice range.

Will it fly ISP-LGW, full pax with reserves? NO!!

My point is that when someone put ones of these in their posts :D they are usually just joking. No need to continue to beat a dead horse.

Have fun flying your 767's and I'll enjoy my little -700, even if it can't make it to Europe. :D

Hey, don't get me wrong, I like your "little -700." We are getting 10 of them in the next couple years, and I may bid it for Captain, after I get some INTL time and experience. I don't want to go to 787 INTL Captain without any INTL experience! And remember, I am not bagging on SWA in general, I just think that some people do not want to fly those types of trips and to some of your cities. Enjoy all of that pay! (keep it so we can negotiate the same someday)

Bye Bye--General Lee

how's Lagos?

We start Lagos later this year, in December I believe. We do go from ATL to Dakar, Senegal and onto Johanesburg, and we fly from JFK to Accra, Ghana. If we pick up to 777LRs that Air India may not be able to take in the next month or so, we may shift the 767-300ER from Dakar/Joberg to JFK--Dakar--Nairobi, and do a 777LR nonstop to Joberg from ATL. Lot's of exciting things going on here. Thankfully if I were doing the INTL stuff on the 767ER (not yet), I probably wouldn't have to go to Lagos, but I might try it once to say that I did it.

How's Dayton treating you?

Bye Bye--General Lee[/quote]

Dunno....I don't fly there. I went to their airshow once.:pimp:

"Good luck getting the 1-2-3 rule at a layover "

I think since the Euro is stronger the 1-2-3 rule will apply to the Euro exchange. How are SWA pilots going to afford a $2 beer??

so far there has been zero actual information that SWA is really looking to expand to Europe. "Interest" means nothing except to please shareholders so they don't panic that an airline is closed minded

What amazes me is why WN has yet to go after the Mexico Market? Not that I'm complaining, we make a large portion of our bread and butter with Mexico Operations.

Straight from Gary's mouth- We won't be going to Mexico until the fees go down. The landing/international/customs fees do not currently fit our pricing model. For example, we are re-entering the SFO market because WN was able to renegotiate airport fees down to almost half of what they were, allowing us to pass the savings on to our customers and keep ticket prices low.

If it doesn't fit the business plan, we don't do it.

Straight from Gary's mouth- We won't be going to Mexico until the fees go down. The landing/international/customs fees do not currently fit our pricing model. For example, we are re-entering the SFO market because WN was able to renegotiate airport fees down to almost half of what they were, allowing us to pass the savings on to our customers and keep ticket prices low.

If it doesn't fit the business plan, we don't do it.

not to mention trying to get mexicans to make a 25 minute turn

Latest resources

Back