• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Taking Applications March 9-23 until 5PM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My guess is every guy and gal furloughed, every RJ pilot and many military folk that are ready to submit their walking papers. I would bet in excess of 10,000. Keep in mind that they are pretty much the only ones hiring now with the exception of US Air and well......not many want to enter that ******************** storm.

Anyone have Rockie's email address? Thx.

Jj

Anyone have Rockie's email address? Thx.
It's Rocky. I know you're big on spelling. This will probably get you in tight with the dudes on the hiring committee. Do you have any sortie time? That's usually a bonus as well.

Also, I wouldn't worry about going through him just get in tight with someone on the hiring committee subcommittee (Higher Power). They'll probably walk your stuff in for you.

:)

I think a more important question is how many people applying will be competitive? I would assume only those with a 737 type-rating would be called for this initial round of interview/hiring. [Just my assumption]

Best of luck to all who apply.

Cheers

Good luck everyone!

My guess is every guy and gal furloughed, every RJ pilot and many military folk that are ready to submit their walking papers. I would bet in excess of 10,000. Keep in mind that they are pretty much the only ones hiring now with the exception of US Air and well......not many want to enter that ******************** storm.
yeah... and these guys.
https://pilotcredentials.com/

I had a friend call yesterday (AMR furloughee) who wanted info about the SWA hiring. His first question was “Why?” Why is SWA hiring pilots if they’re buying Airtran?

I told him there were a few rumors floating around and they were just that, rumors.

1. SWA is covering itself for the Flight and Duty time changes.
2. SWA is buying AAI but they are not going to keep all the assets and there is some scenario wherein they will need pilots
3. SWA is also going to buy the assets of Sun Country and will need pilots for those planes
4. Once the Airtran deal closes there will be massive growth and they need to hire now to get on the correct side of the hiring/training power curve.
5. Age 65 Retirements will kick in less than 2 years from now and they need to get on the correct side of the hiring/training curve.

Through the years, having witnessed how stingy SWA is with crewing the planes, it’s a little perplexing.

Latest resources

Back