• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA TA fails

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least you SWA guys have a pair big enough to say no to reduced scope......

Thanks, but that remains to be seen. The next offer may be just the original TA warmed-over with some small enhancements to sway 100 or so pilots to a 'yes.'

The "junior" pay example was for the most junior guy on the property. Check the seniority list. Why would picking as "junior" someone who was less junior be a better answer than picking the most junior guy?

As posted on another thread, this TA failure cost me $1,200 per month, and it cost every SWA fo on this board a similar, or lesser amount, but even at the most junior levels, you guys just gave up $600/month or so.

Senior FOs got a 10% raise, junior FOs got a 6% raise (make that 11% and 7% with the 401(k) bump) and you guys gave it up. Gone like a freight train. Gone like yesterday.

For a lot of you, that pay raise would have equaled a smaller mortgage payment. Gone like yesterday.

Think to yourselves..."I'm writing a check for $800 each month. Every month, I'm writing a check back to the company for $800".

Gone like a soldier in the civil war.

When we come back with 5% raises I want YOU to write ME a check for $1200 / month for voting NO on this turd.

The "junior" pay example was for the most junior guy on the property. Check the seniority list. Why would picking as "junior" someone who was less junior be a better answer than picking the most junior guy?

As posted on another thread, this TA failure cost me $1,200 per month, and it cost every SWA fo on this board a similar, or lesser amount, but even at the most junior levels, you guys just gave up $600/month or so.

Senior FOs got a 10% raise, junior FOs got a 6% raise (make that 11% and 7% with the 401(k) bump) and you guys gave it up. Gone like a freight train. Gone like yesterday.

For a lot of you, that pay raise would have equaled a smaller mortgage payment. Gone like yesterday.

Think to yourselves..."I'm writing a check for $800 each month. Every month, I'm writing a check back to the company for $800".

wait a minute...as much as the numbers make sense, the scheduling changes and lack of flexibility for that junior F/O means he broke even. If you ask me I would gladly make those extra $600 with ELLIT flexibility and when I am willing to give the company an extra day. Now the company will just give me the $600 and force me to fly my line for the most part. If I need an extra day off, or move my trips because my kid has a doc app, then I am stuck and screwed. Most of us would rather have the QOL instead of the cash. We can always make the cash when we are ready. That's the beauty of what we have, it is called flexibility.

So they want me to give up my flexibility and they will pay me a set number up front for it. The question becomes how valuable is your time off? Can you put a number to it? Plus with VJA in 2 days I can double or triple those same $600 and it was when I could. Things that make you go hmm.. There is more to this than numbers and straight pay. Oh yeah, by the way the lance cap. gets $1200 for giving up his seat...That means he took a $25000 pay cut instead of a $30000 pay cut.

SL32 requires the company to grow by 5% if they want to codeshare. There are no exceptions, no outs. The only out is to simply not abide.

You can have your 7% raise (not really after the reductions), I want job security.

Gup

The ELITT argument is comical. Do you know what destroys ELITT? Lances and first year guys pounding on it like a redheaded step child, using it to lower their line totals. Have you noticed that net zero is always (always!) zero on the FO side, even with overmanning?

If you wanted flexibility, then restricting lances and first year guys from pounding on it would get your net zero up to a big positive number, like on the captain's side. Then you'd be able to really have a flexible schedule. Think what you could do with a net zero of 65, like over on the PHX CA side last month. That, my friend is flexibility.

I bet you also have zero idea how to even calculate DTC, but if you think that limiting the DTC net zero (downside) of ELITT is smarter than getting a net zero of 65 (upside) like the captains, than I think you should sit down with a paper and pencil and ask yourself, "Would I like to be able to open ELITT and see a net zero of 65 to move my schedule around, or would I like to open ELITT and see a DTC that is 1% higher on two weekends per month with net zeros still zero?" (Hint: you want a high net zero, but I bet you've never actually seen one so you don't know what you're missing)

Seriously? You don't see where the ELITT problems come from? Hint, it's not DTC, it's guys out of category hitting "trade" as soon as net zero goes to one. Who are those guys? Lances and first years trying to get rid of their lines. Those guys, my friend, are the ones who "limit" you, not DTC.

If you had a net zero of 65, then by definition, DTC wouldn't matter and affect your flexibility. You would have so much flexibility you could drop whole four day trips into the mix if you needed to. But now, we're at net zero for every FO ELITT across the system and we're at huge net zeros for every captain ELITT. How's that working out for you in terms of flexibility?

Oh and codeshare? Looks like the no vote just opened us up to unlimited domestic code share. Lets cross our fingers and hope SWA doesn't announce Republic going to Lubbock for us. We sure showed them with a no vote! Hey SWA, we want to make sure you can domestic code share with no restriction, so vote no!

Last edited:
Ummmmmm.........what?????

Im a 5 year f/o and im always on elitt looking for something better! I like having the option of moving my trips around and enjoying my days off! it take 3 minutes to log in check elitt, then logoff....God that was a waste of time! Not trying to offend you but I think you are out of touch on what is really going on with what most F/O's are doing. Scope is a big big deal and SL32 does address that better than the TA. Plus as I put on your other post....Sure we could add RJ's....But they dont make sense in a low cost enviroment. They cant compete with the Seat mile cost of a 737 or an A320. Period. With fuel prices rising they are even more so not cost effective.

shershaft, are you really this clueless?

Really? When your sitting across the table from the manager at the car dealer, and you push that offer he just made back across the table and say, "no thanks, I still need the floor matt's", why do you think you then lose everything you have just been talking about for 2 hours? No you don't. You keep talking from that point.

SWA won't play hardball, they want this done more than us.

Latest resources

Back