SWA Reference Checks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ERJpusher

I'm just wondering what the call to the references entails, particularly to the employer.

I am on a short list to become a check airman, and I don't want a phone call to mess up that opportunity if SWA were to turn me down.

Any input as to what who/what they are looking for when they call?

I'm not sure about the employer part, but they called the people that had written me LOR's. I'm sure it's just to verify employment and such. Did you tell them it was ok to contact your current employer on your contact list?

I wouldn't worry to much about it. If they are calling, it's a definate good sign from what I've been told. I got the call today from the PD that I made it. They called my references about a week after I interviewed.

Hope this helps, granted I'm not really in the know. Just second hand information.

Good luck my friend and keep the faith.

I know of two people that interviewed in july and had there ref called and were turned down. So not always a sure thing.

If you are concerned that SWA calling your current employer might cause you problems at work...tell them not to contact them. They honestly don't mind you telling them that...they understand. If in doubt, just call the PD and ask them...they will shoot straight with you.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back