Swa recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NETFLIER

Has SWAPA recently recalled a leader? We at NetJets have 25% of the required petitions to recall the president of our in-house union, he refuses to go, and has sought outside counsel to interpret our bylaws... "his" counsel states we must adjudicate the charges on the recall petition, yet the authors of the bylaws state that was never the intent....

If you had a recall of an elected official, can you share how it went down or state your recall provision.....

Thanks

I think some of the AirTran MEC members were recalled during the SLI negotiations, but PCL-128 would know plenty on the inner workings of being recalled.

No recall going on here.....

I was in a SWA jumpseat and the captain talked about how SWApA tried to recall him. I think it might have been a while ago though.

He seemed like he was in the know at Southwest. He talked as if he was best friends with the SWA CEO. He also seemed to imply that Southwest comes to him about all there business plans .

I was in a SWA jumpseat and the captain talked about how SWApA tried to recall him. I think it might have been a while ago though.

He seemed like he was in the know at Southwest. He talked as if he was best friends with the SWA CEO. He also seemed to imply that Southwest comes to him about all there business plans .

Sounds like one of the former VPs, HH..... He was never recalled though, although he should've been.

I'm also quite sure that the CEO has never asked him a thing either.

Looks like you had to fly with Hugo. On behalf of all the SWA pilots I apologize for having to listen to his BS.

I think some of the AirTran MEC members were recalled during the SLI negotiations, but PCL-128 would know plenty on the inner workings of being recalled.
MEC Officers (Chairman, Vice Chairman, and Secretary/Treasurer) cannot be recalled by the pilot group. MEC Officers can only be recalled by the elected MEC status reps.

To get an MEC Officer removed, just find a few elected MEC reps that can't stand the guy and give them some ammunition to get rid of them. It worked real easy at the Tran for the removal of the above mentioned former Pinnacle pilot.

To get an MEC Officer removed, just find a few elected MEC reps that can't stand the guy and give them some ammunition to get rid of them. It worked real easy at the Tran for the removal of the above mentioned former Pinnacle pilot.
Classy.

And you still owe me a case of Johnny Walker Blue. And $20 bucks.

To the O.P., each union's Constitution and Bylaws and Policy Manual are different. Specifically, what percentage of the pilot group signing a petition is required to reach a "threshold" to where a vote must be held is different for many carriers (some ALPA carriers will be the same in most cases, as they adopt the standard ALPA Master Policy Manual and make small changes in their MEC Policy Manual that usually don't involve those kinds of things).

You will have to read within your own C&BL's and Policy Manual to find the answer you seek.

Latest resources

Back