• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Poolies . . . a glimmer of hope?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only caught pieces here and there of this guy. What did he say? Never saw it mentioned in any other threads. But yeah, not very smart to put yourself out there like that when you are a job prospect and your every word can be scrutinized.

Heard that the FA's got a deal done with SWA re: the -800. Hoping that SWAPA can get a equitable deal for the pilots as well...maybe one that includes some growth metrics with teeth and ant-furlough protection. Looks like the -800 will help the FA's in term of growth.

Too bad SWA didn't jump on the -800's when they had the chance to get ATA. They could have had the whole enchilada at once, the MDW gate, LGA, DCA, -800's and all the trained pilots.

Oh ya....I forgot....no pilots. Need to protect the "CULTure"

Jetjockey, I wasn't at SWA when that first started, but I am at SWA now. They do give us the Koolaid in Dejavu water. We meet in the commune in DAL either once or twice a year too.

Too bad SWA didn't jump on the -800's when they had the chance to get ATA. They could have had the whole enchilada at once, the MDW gate, LGA, DCA, -800's and all the trained pilots.

Oh ya....I forgot....no pilots. Need to protect the "CULTure"

Let it out you'll feel better.

Times change. Gary didn't want their jets and he didn't want DCA or LGA. THEN.

Now he wants slots. Times change.

As far as your "no pilots" jab I hope it goes down like that next time too! The line starts behind Craig J.. I want NOTHING to do with merger/buyout.

Gup

"Paying some premium pay is normal and less costly than hiring. This last summer was a temporary situation. If flying is up next spring/summer over the last year, they are going to need to hire. We will know when they post the schedule for 12 March on."

From a VP at SWAPA. Interesting.

Last edited:
"Paying some premium pay is normal and less costly than hiring. This last summer was a temporary situation. If flying is up next spring/summer over the last year, they are going to need to hire. We will know when they post the schedule for 12 March on."

From a VP at SWAPA. Interesting.

When do they post that schedule?

Latest resources

Back