• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
June 4th class date, SWA has me staying at the Elegante. Don't know anything about it. Anyone?

I'm with you Desert Duck....I hear from one of my sources at SWA that the Elegante is right down the road from the famous (infamous) Holiday Inn Select.

From the website, it appears to be pretty decent.

But what the heck....with the dumps I've stayed in previously, I'm sure this is going to be like the Bellagio for me..
...just gimme a roof and the books to study....thoguh cheap beers and steaks work just as well!!

Hey has anyone in the June18th class recieved their package yet. I am wondering if mine got lost in the mail. Thanks

Hey has anyone in the June18th class recieved their package yet. I am wondering if mine got lost in the mail. Thanks

I talked to Ronna yesterday, and the packages haven't been sent out yet. She said we should have them by the end of next week. Hope that helps.

This is a little off topic, but I had a question.

First of all, congrats to everyone in the pool. This is definitely some good news in a time where we could use it.

With the possibility of Southwest hiring here sooner rather than later, I'm going to guess that there will be a flood of applicants. Would it be safe to say that type or no type, I don't have a shot in Hell of getting called with just 1000 TPIC, right?

I should meet the mins by September or so.

This is a little off topic, but I had a question.

First of all, congrats to everyone in the pool. This is definitely some good news in a time where we could use it.

With the possibility of Southwest hiring here sooner rather than later, I'm going to guess that there will be a flood of applicants. Would it be safe to say that type or no type, I don't have a shot in Hell of getting called with just 1000 TPIC, right?

I should meet the mins by September or so.

All you need is the mins. I had a buddy get hired with 1050 although he did have his type rating. I would almost bet that they aren't going to be calling people in for interviews that don't have the type. I think they are going to want to have people in the pool who can start class, and not give people 6 months from the date of interview. Just my $0.02.

All you need is the mins. I had a buddy get hired with 1050 although he did have his type rating. I would almost bet that they aren't going to be calling people in for interviews that don't have the type. I think they are going to want to have people in the pool who can start class, and not give people 6 months from the date of interview. Just my $0.02.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I have no problem going and getting the type before I apply, as SWA is where I want to end up. I just wasn't sure if they were even going to be looking at people with just the mins, or if they were going to look at guys with higher PIC time. Thanks again.

Can new hires in the next 2 months get OAK? Or is everyone going to LAS?
thanx

Except for a lucky few in the 2 Apr class, OAK is all new hires are getting lately. Expect OAK for at least one month--maybe more depending on when classes finish training in DAL. Next most junior are PHX and LAS (not necessarily in order).

Latest resources

Back