SWA plane shown skidding off runway.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Classy,

The '96 crash had nothing to do with the crew.

You went back to the 70's & 80's to support your argument, including 1 example prior to WN even operating.

Look, I don't work for either carrier. Each airline has a culture, and a track record to go with it.

Is name calling really necessary?

Old post I made a few years ago but fun, look at number 10:

I think this is what the playbook looks like with this topic:

1) attack the pay rates even if they are 1 dollar lower per hour.
2) if they resolve that then attack the retirement.
3) if the above is resolved attack them if they are non-union.
4) Next attack the cities they fly to if less desirable than your airline.
5) Having trouble? Next attack the fleet type if it is older than what your place has.
6) Go after the CEO.
7) If it all looks solid dig into the airlines history. Target any past pay for training type arrangements. (If you are dealing with a SWA joker happy about his employment- go after the pay for type rating deal)
8) If all the ducks are still in a row go after the attractiveness and age of FA's.
9) Research scab and strike history- you may find opportunities here. Go back 30-40 years if you have to.
10) Look at accident history-this is fair game even if the accident happened as far back as the Carter administration.
11) Consider an argument about upgrade time.
12) Simply make up something and see if you can slip one past the goalie. Make it look like fact by adding numbers/percentages to it.
13) Still nothing working? go after the spelling. Words such as "there" and "your" will always yield you an opportunity. Caution: use spell check when doing this- type it on a word document first-then drop the hammer.

I think the above is how it works after reading these boards for about 10 years now. You will not win here. Whatever you do, make sure you don't have any past posts from years ago that reveal you were trying to get hired at the airline you are slamming, someone always has the time to dig for hours checking past posts. Go back and delete these or register a new user name to get the job done.

Old post I made a few years ago but fun, look at number 10:

I think this is what the playbook looks like with this topic:

1) attack the pay rates even if they are 1 dollar lower per hour.
2) if they resolve that then attack the retirement.
3) if the above is resolved attack them if they are non-union.
4) Next attack the cities they fly to if less desirable than your airline.
5) Having trouble? Next attack the fleet type if it is older than what your place has.
6) Go after the CEO.
7) If it all looks solid dig into the airlines history. Target any past pay for training type arrangements. (If you are dealing with a SWA joker happy about his employment- go after the pay for type rating deal)
8) If all the ducks are still in a row go after the attractiveness and age of FA's.
9) Research scab and strike history- you may find opportunities here. Go back 30-40 years if you have to.
10) Look at accident history-this is fair game even if the accident happened as far back as the Carter administration.
11) Consider an argument about upgrade time.
12) Simply make up something and see if you can slip one past the goalie. Make it look like fact by adding numbers/percentages to it.
13) Still nothing working? go after the spelling. Words such as "there" and "your" will always yield you an opportunity. Caution: use spell check when doing this- type it on a word document first-then drop the hammer.

I think the above is how it works after reading these boards for about 10 years now. You will not win here. Whatever you do, make sure you don't have any past posts from years ago that reveal you were trying to get hired at the airline you are slamming, someone always has the time to dig for hours checking past posts. Go back and delete these or register a new user name to get the job done.

Most accurate info ever posted.

Bra, you should just bundle that as a FI for dummies.

Nice levity to an otherwise stupid thread.

Bottom line is slow down folks. All airlines, especially SWA, could have prevented an accident or two somewhere down the road had being in a rush to get done not have been a contributing factor.

Maybe going for the "greaser"? It always drove me nuts when someone would go for the roller on a short runway, float halfway down the runway then slam on the brakes to stop it.
Short runways, just land the thing

Bill

The one fatality in the Midway accident was from the kid chocking to death on a McNugget. It wasn't from impact with the aircraft.

There were lots of factors in that crash. The tail wind was higher than reported, the runway condition was worse than reported, and the thrust reversers got jammed thus delaying there deployment.

The FO on that plane was severely traumatized from the whole incident...he is F#up in the head now from guilt over the whole incident...even though in my opinion any of us in his shoes would have had a similar result had we landed in his airplane on that day.

But I guess you are bullet proof, infallible, and never ever could see yourself in a similar situation. And hell with a narcissistic, over the top ego like yours you could probably easily handle killing a kid and feeling no remorse..

So why don't you STFU

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back