SWA pilot that blew .039

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

radarlove

I haven't seen or heard any update on this. It would seem that he blew under the limit and they wouldn't have a case, but then I read he got indicted on a federal charge.

Does anyone know the update? If he's really getting prosecuted, it means that pilots have to meet a different standard than others which is scary.

Question is: is he still working? What did SWA do to him? Does he have a case for wrongful arrest or something like that?

grog_sit_reserv said:
Question is: is he still working? What did SWA do to him? Does he have a case for wrongful arrest or something like that?

If Herb has any say in the matter, he would probably take the guy out and show him how to "really" drink.

skiandsurf said:
If Herb has any say in the matter, he would probably take the guy out and show him how to "really" drink.

That's awsome, hell I'd even buy the first round!!!!

Take them all to court

Bottom line, he didn't break any law, the DA should not have charged, and NOBODY was justified in releasing him name. I understand he has a good lawyer and plans on taking the TSA and DA to court to seek damages......don't think the company has done anything....

Rumor has it he got six months off and Beer School. Nothing to back up the claim- just "jetway talk"

The folks in SLC stepped on it big time on how it was handled.

He will make some different choices about how he spends his over night..

But..He will do VERY well in the end and the whole thing will be a very wealthy memory..

MLBWINGBORN said:
The folks in SLC stepped on it big time on how it was handled.

He will make some different choices about how he spends his over night..

But..He will do VERY well in the end and the whole thing will be a very wealthy memory..

Good for him and for SWA for standing behind their pilots.

(I do not encourage pilots to fly drunk or under the influence, rather I dont like TSA and airport cops treating us like criminals)

Latest resources

Back