SWA/PHX question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

becket

I know it's impossible to say for sure, but generally speaking, how long would it take for a new hire, say in the lower 25% seniority in the class, to get based in PHX. What could be the worst case scenario, meaning what is the longest it could reasonably take to get to PHX. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

may phx/fo list bottom guy is a 15 mar 2004 hire
jun phx/fo list bottom guy is a 12 jan 2004 hire

you may bounce in and out for a couple of months but with the current hire rate I wouldn't expect it to be a long wait at all to be in phx for good.

worst case...swa goes ch 7 and you never make it. hopefully not but you asked.

glad to help,

becket,

If you're talking about getting to PHX within the next two years, it'll take about one to two months. OAK for your hard-line month followed by PHX. DAL, HOU, or MCO will take considerably longer than PHX, MDW, or BWI. Things will start to move quickly, now, with the projected hiring. Hope that helps.

as long as the

hiring continues..... expect to be in PHX with 2-4 classes behind you.

New vacancy bids have been putting larger numbers into BWI, probably due to the PHL growth.

OAK is still very jr., I personally commuted from PHX-OAK for 11 months, but we were one of the last classes in 2003.

The PHX-OAK commute is pretty easy w/ tons of non-stops and even more flights if you connect thru LAS,LAX,SAN or ONT. The bummer is that hotel rooms are a min. of $55/night with almost NO crash pads in OAK.

Where you are based and where you live are not quite as important as simply getting on board here. It is by far the best pilot job I have ever had(hopefully the last one I will ever have too!). Good company, great people, really an awesome place to work!
Tred

Latest resources

Back